Is the snow stopping you from getting here? (Uber Coupon)

Started by Little_Mel, Feb 01, 2016, 05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little_Mel

Uber the alternative cab service is now in Reno and will take you out to us.

Use the promo code melissar3919ue and receive $15 off your first ride*.

*Cab ride not bedroom ride  ;)
Mustang Ranch Hostess

clevelandbrowns01

I ran a UBER price quote from a major downtown Reno hotel to the MR and it came up $23 to $31 one way. Pretty reasonable especially with the coupon compared to $100 one way cab ride.  The only main concern I'd have now is setting up the return to Reno w/out a smart phone.  Is that something the MR can help a customer with when someone is ready to leave?  It would be hard to know how much time to set aside at the MR in advance.

I think this is looking like a pretty good option for my summer trip.

johann

One question about Uber - can you pay with cash to avoid having a charge show on a credit card?  The ability to organizes trips to the MR using 100% cash is something I care about, since US federal reserve notes (for the most part) don't leave a trail.

Wildfire

Quote from: johann on Feb 07, 2016, 10:23 AM
One question about Uber - can you pay with cash to avoid having a charge show on a credit card?  The ability to organizes trips to the MR using 100% cash is something I care about, since US federal reserve notes (for the most part) don't leave a trail.

I thank Uber is 100% credit card.

Shay

I love Uber! Started using the service as soon as the were up and running in Reno!

Little_Mel

They are through card, but i haven't tried through one of those pre-pay visas (or other card company) that can stay anonymous.
Mustang Ranch Hostess

Phoenix

Green Dot card would be a good option to use just for paying oober

Redwood

Anyone trying to be anonymous in this hobby should get a prepaid credit card..at least to use for miscellaneous expenses.  I have a prepaid AMEX in addition to my regular AMEX business card and it usually does the trick...anonymously...lol.

Phoenix

wow you are in my head redwood i was just about to post the descreete benifits to the Green Dot card ;)