News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

need advice part 5

Started by clevelandbrowns01, Jul 02, 2017, 04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clevelandbrowns01

Early the last morning I check out of the hotel and there is $61 of charges at a restaurant on the hotel bill from the previous day. I explained nicely to the hotel staff that I never ate at the restaurant.  They agreed to take the charge off the bill but said they'd "research" it.  I don't know what the ramifications of this are.  They thought maybe someone put the wrong room number on their bill or that it was illegible. It was very early and I was running a little late for my flight. At the time, I was worrying about that.  After I left, I continued to think about how the charge could have happened. Suddenly, it came to me - deadbeat #2... 

On the flight home the other day, I was thinking through these events and looking thru my phone call log etc. We had been out the second to last night until 4 AM or so. That restaurant isn't open overnight anyway. I know that deadbeat #2 was sleeping until 11:30 AM and was late to bowl with no time to eat. He was at the tourney until my friend drove him back to the hotel around 5:30 PM and they went up to our room for about 5 minutes to retrieve something. My friend then went back to his hotel. I was doing other things that day and got back to the hotel around 7:15 PM. I saw deadbeat #2 with his bags on his way to an Uber by the elevator downstairs. He had definitely been drinking and wouldn't have had much time to eat anything at the event. Anyway, he was going over to hang with the rest of the group for a couple hours and then was heading to the airport.

Could he have went to this coffee shop restaurant and put up $61 in that approximately 1.5 hours and charged it to the room?  I assume you can get drinks in the restaurant but the menu isn't on their website. I've never been in that particular restaurant myself.  Now, I would love to know the exact time, see what was ordered, and if and how my name was signed. The hotel probably wouldn't have shown me anyway because it makes them look bad since they obviously didn't check ID.