News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Welcomed to the jungle!

Started by Michael, Aug 06, 2017, 03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

I'm very excited to let everyone know that over many years of waiting, I finally get to see Guns-N-Roses in concert in November! 

Ironman

Hope you plan on drinking because Slash can still play. But Axl has lost it. Can't hit the notes most of the time anymore. At least when he is actually trying to sing live and not lip sync to recordings of his own voice. ::)

But hey like I said Slash can still play so he might be worth the ticket. Axl though  :( he is still a five star ass hat though hopefully the band will still be putting up with his BS come November. 8)

Michael

Ape man, all that except for what you told me about Axl would be great.  I find it hard to believe that he's also fronting ACDC.  It looks like karma finally caught up with him on the voice problems.

Ironman

Quote from: Michael on Aug 16, 2017, 12:45 AM
Ape man, all that except for what you told me about Axl would be great.  I find it hard to believe that he's also fronting ACDC.  It looks like karma finally caught up with him on the voice problems.

Yeah he helped ACDC finish there tour but he was lyp syncing most of the time too his own voice.  Go into the studio before hand lay down the vocal track and the sound guys can work their magic so that he sounds decent. He is not the only singer to do this, but I have heard from more then one source he is not the same vocalist he was 30 years ago. Some of that is just age, but a lot of it in his case was probably abusing his voice over the years, and getting too caught up in the rock star life style that the front man of a band is always the most susceptible too.

You should still have a good time though he will probably be lyp synching most of the time Slash and the band will be playing live, and as long as Slash is on his game the night you go he will carry the show.

Now I am a little Biased but I think at this point in their lives because they are around the same age my pal Derek from Babylon AD is a superior vocalist.  He is not a close friend, but I know him well enough he let me attend the after party to celebrate the release of one of his most recent solo projects. He makes a point to say hello when I  see him almost every week.

Don't be too impressed though I only know Derek Because Babylon is from my area of the country, and Derek is in my bowling league.

Funny story there when he first joined my bowling league before my close friend and teammate put it all together a few months later who he actually was.  I said to my friend when we were bowling against Derek and his Bowling team I said to my friend what's with that guy Derek? He looks like some old late 80's early 90's rocker before the grunge craze hit.

Anyway a few months later for whatever reason My buddy checked out Derek's Web site so I read his bio and of course it mentions Babylon AD the band not the movie lol.

Anyway I worked in a Record store back when they still had those.  So the light Bulb went off for me.  I remembered Babylon when they first started because one of our label reps was pushing them, and being that they were from the area they were getting a little buzz my store actually had their first 2 CD's the self titled and the follow up Nothing Sacred in 92 on the in store play stock.  So after reading Derek's Bio I am like Oh! He looks like an old late 80's early 90's Rocker because he is. ;D ;D

You may not remember Babylon they were part of a very large group of similar bands back then.  But they were not exactly slouches they had something like 6 top 20 hits on the Rock charts combined off their first too CD's, and their one Country song So Savage the Heart was number 1 in some Radio markets.  Its your typical Rock power ballad of that time.  Its not really a country song but it might as well be.  In the Video Derek is wearing a Cowboy hat in the beginning and the song Is about a Love gone wrong Not only does she I say she because its a guy singing the song not only does she cheat, but she cheats on the guy with the a guy that is supposed to be his best friend. Some friend :( Sounds like the makings of a good country song to me. ;D ;D

You might remember this song though Bang Go The Bells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6-GHYt_hXg

Anyway the biggest difference between Babylon and Guns N Roses Timing and luck.  Derek and Babylon were just a little late to the party when that style of Rock Was king of the Radio airwaves.  How people purchased music was also starting to change so basically GNR had a little bit better timing and a little bit more luck.

It was however in my opinion a blessing because they did not have the mega stardom of GNR only a taste of it Derek did not let it all go to his head he continued to work and make a career for himself in Music no need to get a regular boring job, and  his voice is not shot to hell like Axl's and unlike GNR the guys in Babylon for the most part all get along all these years later they even have a new CD on the way  out in November.

Derek  is also pretty down to Earth after I put it all together who he actually is I went on You Tube and watched some of their OLD MTV type music Videos.  When I got to the bowling Alley the Next week I am like Derek Dude 8)  I was watching some of your old videos Nice Hair! he blushed a little and gave me a little playful punch on the shoulder has his wife that is also on her own team in the same League was controlling her laughter.

I also told him maybe if he would use some of the same moves he was doing in this video  he might bowl better. ;D ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf_3636cCaw       

He basically just chuckled a little at that one.  He has not done it recently  because his game has actually gotten better as a bowler then when he first Joined the league he would sometimes sing to the pins.  Not necessarily his own stuff just maybe the chorus of various songs.    ;D ;D

I think I will stop here Unless Derk wants to pay me to promote his band. LOL... Maybe he will give me enough cash I can actually afford too book a party next time I am in Reno.  I can Just say Dude Money I plug you and Babylon all the time at 3 or 4 in the morning at work when people come in and want to know what I am playing.   I just wont tell him what I will spend the money on. ;D ;D

Enjoy the Gun N Roses Show Man Slash can still play so can the band.  As long as your expectations of AXl are not set too high you can still enjoy the show. 8)

SkylieDanger

Ahhh 80s hair bands... you are speaking my language  ;D What other bands from this era do all of you enjoy?

Ironman

Quote from: SkylieDanger on Aug 16, 2017, 07:13 PM
Ahhh 80s hair bands... you are speaking my language  ;D What other bands from this era do all of you enjoy?

Tough question like I said there were a lot of 80's hair bands Derek hates that term.  So you won't catch me using hair and band in the same sentence in front of him. Anyway there were a lot them. GNR were a big draw. I don't know I will have to think about it and get back to you Skylie Not counting Babylon who I only put back on my personal play list because after figuring out who Derek was I started, paying closer attention to Babylon and some of Derek's various solo projects separate from his Day Job with Babylon

So off the top of my head Cinderella selected Whitesnake songs. A few Docken tunes. Tesla a few others. I will think about it and get back to you.

But very important note to myself. If I ever wind up on a mattress with you. We is doing the Horizontal Mambo to hair metal. Maybe Babylon AD in particular.  Just so when I get back home that following monday at bowling League I can say Derek buddy I got naked with this pretty Brunette and we did it to Bang Go The Bells. Or Hammer Swings Down. ;) ;D ;D Or Maybe this one.

https://youtu.be/XfSr7PgamM4

Michael

Quote from: SkylieDanger on Aug 16, 2017, 07:13 PM

A bunch of them, for starters, Guns-N-Roses, Van Halen, Motley Crue, Def Leppard, KISS, ACDC, Aerosmith, Metallica and Ozzy Osbourne.

Ironman

Oh yeah Kiss they did a lot of sexually suggestive songs back in the 80's like Bang Bang you, take it off or this one here you go SKylie.

You should dance on your next E28 tour on the stage to this Kiss tune. ;D ;D

https://youtu.be/A5ZcbXlzl7w

Make sure you all confirm your age to view the first link

Or just view the official video the band did.
https://youtu.be/lNKJ4SPj_Rw

Ariel

Quote from: Michael on Aug 06, 2017, 03:43 AM
I'm very excited to let everyone know that over many years of waiting, I finally get to see Guns-N-Roses in concert in November!
That's so exciting

Katalina

Quote from: Ironman on Aug 21, 2017, 04:58 AM
Oh yeah Kiss they did a lot of sexually suggestive songs back in the 80's like Bang Bang you, take it off or this one here you go SKylie.

You should dance on your next E28 tour on the stage to this Kiss tune. ;D ;D

https://youtu.be/A5ZcbXlzl7w

Make sure you all confirm your age to view the first link

Or just view the official video the band did.
https://youtu.be/lNKJ4SPj_Rw

I dance to KISS songs all the time here!!🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼💜❤️💙💚
XOXO, Katalina

Michael

Omg!  What a show!  No opening act, the show started on time and Guns-N-Roses played a 3 and a half hour blistering set which included all their signature hits plus hits of other artists.  Axl Rose has cleaned his act up and I'm thankful for that.  The concert was amazing,  the price I paid for my ticket was an absolute bargain and I look forward to seeing them in concert again.

Jesslyn

Quote from: Michael on Nov 25, 2017, 02:15 AM
Omg!  What a show!  No opening act, the show started on time and Guns-N-Roses played a 3 and a half hour blistering set which included all their signature hits plus hits of other artists.  Axl Rose has cleaned his act up and I'm thankful for that.  The concert was amazing,  the price I paid for my ticket was an absolute bargain and I look forward to seeing them in concert again.

Wow, what an exciting concert to attend!!!  Such a great band, along with my other favorite, Motley Crue! I'm glad you were able to enjoy! :) (kinda wish I could have been there too, lol!) 

Michael

Quote from: Jesslyn on Nov 25, 2017, 02:49 AM

Wow, what an exciting concert to attend!!!  Such a great band, along with my other favorite, Motley Crue! I'm glad you were able to enjoy! :) (kinda wish I could have been there too, lol!)
Thank you!  I wish you could have been there with me.  I know I'd enjoy that.

Jesslyn

Quote from: Michael on Nov 26, 2017, 01:49 AM
Quote from: Jesslyn on Nov 25, 2017, 02:49 AM

Thank you!  I wish you could have been there with me.  I know I'd enjoy that.

Lol, Michael! I'm sure we would have both enjoyed that! ;)

Alexia

Sounds like it was a pretty amazing concert! In fact I'm going to a concert this month for my birthday. I can't wait. So excited.