News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Gifts

Started by Navyguy, Apr 28, 2016, 10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navyguy

Alright, I did a search, and unless it was more then four years ago, I didnt really see much on the issue

I know I am not the only one who thinks about potential gifts for the girls, however, ladies, this is for you.

What kind of gifts would you enjoy from a guy?

And if you say "gift card" then gift cards to what? (and is there a set amount?  I am sure peopledont want to come off as "cheap")

Hopefully, futre posters and search for this thread in the future, and itll list some ideas from them,since most men arent great at shopping (Im one of them)

Lecher

Listen to what she says she likes  ;)

Carrera

Victoria secrets gift cards are always fun, I'm mean what girl doesn't like to shop there .  :)

Cherry

I agree with Carerra, Victoria Secret gift cards are always a safe bet! But if you want to get lady specific I personally enjoy watches and purses, if you don't know what the lady likes you can do a visa gift card so she can buy whatever? I just like to shop..... ::)

Navyguy

As for the gift cards...is there an average amount?

Phoenix

oh gumby i would so luv a yandy.com gift card for three pairs of highheel platforms which i so desperately need  :D ( i posted a topic called "Phoenix is hanging up her heels" its my humble way to ask for something i need and of course its also something i want ( especialy sence my birthdays just around the corner  :)) because its like a gift that keeps on giving if you catch my drift  ;)  :-*  youll get a kick out of reading that "topic"

Carrera

Quote from: Navyguy on Apr 28, 2016, 10:52 PM
It's how ever generous your feeling, after all is is a gift.

Just Tom

i am sure we could come up with some complicated formula to come up with a good number, but Carrera probably said it best, it's just how generous you feel, or can be. A gift, no matter the size, given from the heart is more appreciated than all the false promises in the world.
if you can't laugh at yourself, you don't deserve to laugh at anyone else

Victoria

Well said Tom!  I know I am quite fond of my Gerber multitool knife that you gave me a while ago.  :D

We all love gifts. Gift cards are awesome especially if you aren't quite sure on gifts. Amazon, Victoria's secret, and plain old MasterCard or visa cards are good choices. Every lady has different choices and different favorite places! 

Aubree

We love all kinds of things, it's always the thought we appreciate more than just sole value.

A few safe broad ideas
Lucky star pedicure (legends exit in sparks)
Atlantis/peppermill massage/facial
Edible arrangements (we love food as you know lol)
We have gift baskets here, as well
Michael kors is pretty safe on handbags (ladies help in stores)
Dior jadore perfume
Victoria secret/amazon/southwest gift cards

Morgan

im with Carrera as well gift cards are always nice and if you are not sure where from just ask the special lady what she would prefer.  everyone is different. cant wait to see you when you get here....hope you got my pm ;-)

Navyguy

Quote from: Morgan on Apr 30, 2016, 01:01 AM
im with Carrera as well gift cards are always nice and if you are not sure where from just ask the special lady what she would prefer.  everyone is different. cant wait to see you when you get here....hope you got my pm ;-)

I did :D

Mr Stamina

fwiw, I've done well with two kinds of gifts:

Spa gift certificates (Atlantis seems to be preferred over Peppermill).  I've gone to this well so many times, spending more than I care to admit, but it always seems to be highly appreciated.

Something from the toy chest next to the cashier.  The best toy?  That's easy: the one she asks/hints about.  I think I'm responsible for cleaning out the stock of Magic Wands :)

Less obvious but I want to also suggest: on slow days, offering to get take-out lunch or dinner for all the ladies present.  Because why not.
The Olive Garden in Sparks was great, and not too far away so the food stayed warm.  Beware their bread sticks though, they're addicting! and some of us kinda OD'd on them, but that's another story...

Tiffany

well said...👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
Quote from: Carrera on Apr 29, 2016, 12:17 AM
It's how ever generous your feeling, after all is is a gift.
Texas girls do it BEST!!!!!💋🇨🇱🐎

renorunner

Quote from: Aubrey on Apr 29, 2016, 10:30 PM
We love all kinds of things, it's always the thought we appreciate more than just sole value.

A few safe broad ideas
Lucky star pedicure (legends exit in sparks)
Atlantis/peppermill massage/facial
Edible arrangements (we love food as you know lol)
We have gift baskets here, as well
Michael kors is pretty safe on handbags (ladies help in stores)
Dior jadore perfume
Victoria secret/amazon/southwest gift cards

I think i sent you an edible arrangements!