SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Gifts

Started by Navyguy, Apr 28, 2016, 10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cherry

Quote from: Mr Stamina on Apr 30, 2016, 02:27 AM
fwiw, I've done well with two kinds of gifts:

Spa gift certificates (Atlantis seems to be preferred over Peppermill).  I've gone to this well so many times, spending more than I care to admit, but it always seems to be highly appreciated.

Something from the toy chest next to the cashier.  The best toy?  That's easy: the one she asks/hints about.  I think I'm responsible for cleaning out the stock of Magic Wands :)

Less obvious but I want to also suggest: on slow days, offering to get take-out lunch or dinner for all the ladies present.  Because why not.
The Olive Garden in Sparks was great, and not too far away so the food stayed warm.  Beware their bread sticks though, they're addicting! and some of us kinda OD'd on them, but that's another story...
Are you making fun of my breadstick problem  ::)

Alexia

What girl doesn't love a spa day!!! Always appreciated  ;D As for Magic Wands they need to hurry up and restock them b/c no one can pass up that Magic it does to us lol.

Mr. Stamina is such a gentlemen and very sweet. You definitely make us ladies feel special.

I'm with the other girls NavyGuy. Giftcards are always great if you're unsure of what to get a lady. To personalize a gift a little more, it's ok to ask what a lady likes. We appreciate any gratitude that our guys give us.

Mr Stamina

Alexia, you are too sweet, thank you for the kind words!  :)
Cherry, dangit you busted me.  Will you accept restitution in the form of your world famous "Apple Jacks" beverage on my next trip?  (It's delicious and a perfect way to wash down breadsticks!)

Back on topic, guys note that Alexia said spa days.  Although you're buying a gift certificate for a 60 or 90 minute massage, the Atlantis lets spa customers stay in the spa-customers-only area the entire day.  Which means she can use the hot/cold pools with jets, the brine inhalation room, the saunas, and so on all day, both before and after the actual massage.  It's really a fantastic value.  (Perhaps other spas also have the same generous arrangement, but I wouldn't know.)

Aubree

Yes and going with us to the spa is also an option.... Make a day of each other 😍

Prospector Bob

A bunch of years back a young Lady named Summer was having her 21st birthday at the Wild Horse. All she wanted for her birthday were Home Depot gift cards. Yup, that's what I got her.  :)
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal

Lancelot Link

Quote from: Prospector Bob on May 01, 2016, 10:25 AM
All she wanted for her birthday were Home Depot gift cards.
That's both hilarious and awesome.  LOL

Aubree

She must have been remodeling like me lol
Great idea

Lancelot Link

Quote from: Aubrey on May 02, 2016, 12:47 AM
She must have been remodeling like me
Girl, don't you dare remodel anything, you're built to perfection already!   ;D

Aubree

lol thank you... Keeping myself natural, no worries

Lecher

I heard she's a beast in the gym. Rah!

Aubree

Lecher you kill me.. Lol no, just trying to keep that work out line on my legs 😉🙈🙈🙈

Shay

My absolute favorite is an Atlantis Spa gift certificate! That is such a nice way to spend a day off!!

Phoenix

Thank you so very navy guy for the Victoria Secret  gift card :o :-*

Navyguy

Quote from: Phoenix on May 07, 2016, 04:41 AM
Thank you navy guy for the Victoria Secret  gift card :o :-*

Your welcome.  Hope you had a good birthday

Morgan

THANK YOU NAVYGUY!!!!! Not only for a great gift but for another amazing time, was glad to be able to share it with another security lady