News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Quote of the Day!

Started by firefighter, Nov 19, 2013, 04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable!" ~ Bruce Lee

firefighter

"The most ominous desire in life isn't finding your one true love; it's encouraging that one person to reciprocate that love!" ~ Anonymous

firefighter

"There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so!" ~ William Shakespeare

caveman

now I'm jealous!!! Some one dose a lot of reading. I don't have the patiens for reading. Those are beautiful sayings.

firefighter

Quote from: caveman on Nov 19, 2013, 11:34 AM
now I'm jealous!!! Some one dose a lot of reading. I don't have the patiens for reading. Those are beautiful sayings.

I just like to read words of wisdom that people have written over the centuries. I don't like reading novels though, since I'm too restless.

firefighter

"I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing!" ~ Socrates

firefighter

"There is a place you can touch a woman that will drive her crazy... her heart!" ~ Melanie Griffith

Sally

Quote from: firefighter on Nov 19, 2013, 12:35 PM
Quote from: caveman on Nov 19, 2013, 11:34 AM

I just like to read words of wisdom that people have written over the centuries. I don't like reading novels though, since I'm too restless.

I really enjoy your quote posts... So many interesting sayings, so many powerful meanings.. I get restless with novel reading as well, however if I do find an interest in a book, I can, have, and will read it... I must say my favorite quote that you posted would have to be...

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable!" ~ Bruce Lee

And....

"There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so!" ~ William Shakespeare

Look forward to your future posts :)
<3 <3

caveman

Well I like reading the forum . There's a lot of good stories, sayings, & party fun.

Sally

Quote from: caveman on Nov 19, 2013, 08:19 PM
Well I like reading the forum . There's a lot of good stories, sayings, & party fun.

As there should be :)
That's the reason I love getting on the forum too!!

Phoenix

I'll be your firebird......Phoenixxx

Dixie

Love your quotes they are true

firefighter

Quote from: Dixie on Nov 23, 2013, 04:05 AM
Love your quotes they are true

Dear Dixie,
Thank you. I believe quotes from wise people throughout the ages make us ponder what is precious and worthwhile in our lives.
I actually view these quotes as an insight into the meaning of life. Here are a couple more for romantic mind stimulation.

"Love is the joy of the good, the wonder of the wise, the amazement of the Gods!" ~ Plato

"Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone - we find it with another!" ~ Thomas Merton 

Victoria

Wow... All I can say is.... SWOON!  Those quotes were lovely. I especially love the one by Bruce Lee.  :)

firefighter

"He that is jealous is not in love!" ~ Saint Augustine

"The greatest pleasure of life is love!" ~Euripides