News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

need advice part 6

Started by clevelandbrowns01, Jul 02, 2017, 05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clevelandbrowns01

I feel so embarrassed and mad at myself that I let all this happen. I am sad that all this crap basically ruined a trip I looked forward to for months. Due to other matters, my world is in kind of a crappy place and that's not going to change for awhile. Thus, I really look forward to the few vacations I get to take. Whenever I think about this trip for the rest of my life - this garbage will be the first thing I think of - and not the fun stuff. I am pissed at deadbeat #1 for canceling causing this to happen. Of course, I hope I never see deadbeat #2 again. Am I too suspicious about deadbeat #2?  I suppose it is possible the hotel really made some kind of mistake and it wasn't him...I suppose I could have lost the $125 the first night. However, he still never paid me for his share of the rooms. Three different issues seems awfully coincidental - doesn't it?

My friend is pretty mad at deadbeat #1 for canceling so I probably won't see deadbeat #1 for a while. On the trip, they were even talking of having deadbeat #2 replace deadbeat #1 on their weekly league team. I sometimes fill in for that team but of course really now prefer to not see the guy. I feel like I should warn my friend because if deadbeat #2 joins their league team - weekly payments have to be made and their team is on the hook if someone isn't paying.  However, I can't even prove that he didn't pay me for the rooms. If confronted, deadbeat #2 might lie and say he paid me. I'm sure I'd be believed over him but don't want to get involved with that.

I also sort of feel like I should contact the hotel and send them a check for the $61 - because of my new suspicions.

I'm sure I'll eventually tell my friend about all of this. None of this is his fault and he'd be feeling guilty if he knew about it. Anyway, I probably won't see him in the proper setting for this type of discussion for awhile. Plus, these wounds are a bit too raw right now anyway.

Am I being too dramatic about the whole thing?  I realize this isn't impacting world peace, climate change, or the Cleveland Browns quarterback situation.  I'm sure I'll get over it but it did just happen. What should I have done differently? What should I do now? Should I send a letter with a check to the hotel for the $61?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Chief

Not to be a smart ass, but it does seem to me you got fucked and not by the MR.  ???  If DB#1 and DB #2 were working with each other, seems all involved tried to make you pay for a few of their expenses to help enjoy themselves.. Also, to pay the 61 dollars you know nothing about, I would not waste my money until you get the stories together and have DB#1, and DB #2 explain their events of the day to you away from each other. "never let them see you sweat". Take them to the "Dog Pound", and show them "Buckeyes" are not worthless nuts. >:( Is  this a bit of feedback you request? Hope it works out for you, as I could be "Way off Topic".
  Gotta love feedback 8)
When I do right, nobody remembers. When I do wrong, nobody forgets....

RachelVarga

Don't be embarrassed, just take it as a paid lesson. He most likely took the money. He didn't offer to pay, and there are a ton of signs that he was a scumbag.

Also, people that are conning and manipulative can hide things like when the girl was talking about a deadbeat. As soon he heard that he quickly became stoic to shore up the impression that he was like you guys and not like person she was describing.

So just don't help people that give off any signs that they are deadbeats. I mean, turn off your empathy with them.
Rachel Varga
My Site
Follow Me On X