News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

The PM feature does not seem to work.

Started by Gus, Apr 02, 2013, 06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gus

The PM feature does not seem to work. Right after the new site went up I tried to send PMs to Amaris, Ayana, and Victoria. None of them responded. Today, Victoria told me she never received the PM.

Still some kinks to work out, but the new site is a big step in the right direction.

Gus
The most important words in life are "Yes!"and"Wow!" and "Thank You."

Phoenix

??? and for some reason i cant respond to my p.m.s  im sure its just a glitch...because i did recieve a p.m. from caveman

Cobia

Gus I sent you a PM...did you get it?
I ain't askin no body for nothing if I can't get it on my own
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chewed your ass out all day long.

caveman

Did you all try hitting that saved option under your PM. Did it say sent successfully. I think a couple I tried didn't go but I hit that next time & they went. It might have been something else I didn't do. I say try that & you don't want to save them later delete them.

Gus

Caveman: I don't know what you mean by "That saved option under your PM." I clicked on the box to save the outgoing message but I cannot find an outgoing message button anywhere, to check for it. 

And No I did not get a message that it was successfully sent.

Just Tom

i noticed a verification do dad under the message window, and entered the verifier and successfully sent , so maybe that's the issue
if you can't laugh at yourself, you don't deserve to laugh at anyone else

caveman

Gus . When your looking at your computer you see Home, Help, Search, Profile, My Messages, Calender, members, Logout     

If you click on my Messages you should see Save a copy in my outbox click on that little box & everything seemed to be fine for me.

That is what I did & it worked try that. Are you going from members to Pm? I don't know if I tried that. If I can do it you should be able to to.

Gus

Caveman:

When I click on "My Messages, all I see is Read your Messages and Send a Message. Below, in this window (I got here by clicking Reply on your pm) I do see the little box that says "Save a copy in my outbox." I have clicked it each time I tried to send a pm (this one, one to Cobia, two to Victoria, and one to Amaris). The one to Amaris does not show in the Sent page.

I will also post this message on forum so you and Cobia and Tom will see it If this pm does not go thru.

My  "sent" page shows the message I sent to Cobia and the two that I sent to Victoria. Yesterday, at the Mustang, Victoria and Amaris said they had not received any of them. Cobia?

Tom: I do not see any authentication "do-dad" on this page.

I use a Mac. Could that be the problem?

Thank you to all of you for trying to help.

Gus

Gus

Hey guys:  Update: I did not get any confirmation that the below message was sent, and it does not appear in my Sent page. WTF?

Frustrating! Thanks a gan for the attempted help.

Gus

Cobia

Quote from: Gus on Apr 04, 2013, 06:31 PM
Hey guys:  Update: I did not get any confirmation that the below message was sent, and it does not appear in my Sent page. WTF?

Frustrating! Thanks a gan for the attempted help.

Gus

Gus I got the PM you sent me.
I ain't askin no body for nothing if I can't get it on my own
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chewed your ass out all day long.

caveman

Gus

OK. Thank you. But I don't understand WHY it worked. Oh well...

I was at the Mustang on 1-2-3 April. Amaris was cooking up the LoadedTV show for tonight. She says they have installed fiber out to Exit 28, so maybe I will be able to see the video now.

Best wishes to you all. Thanks again.

Gus