News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

*&^%$# AMERICAN AIRLINES..........

Started by Cobia, Jun 11, 2019, 01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobia

American Airlines text me at midnight last night CANCELING my 5AM flight to Reno today.  ( Not enough passengers ) So thanks to them this trip " ain't going to happen " . They wanted to rebook me to have a layover in DFW for 19 hrs.

Oh, the fricken flight is non refundable too.......

Just be thankful you don't live in a 1 horse town with limited flights.
I ain't askin no body for nothing if I can't get it on my own
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chewed your ass out all day long.

dickinsider

Sorry dude. That sucks.  Are they going to give you credit for a future flight?
I put my dick inside her!

dickinsider

Quote from: Cobia on Jun 11, 2019, 06:26 PM
Quote from: dickinsider on Jun 11, 2019, 06:12 PM

Oh hell no, since they gave me an option to re book even though it is a shitty second flight and I loose my $470.

I always try to stick with Alaska/Horizon.  Never had a problem with them.

Cobia

Ok, they said they would give me a full refund.
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

Cobia

Quote from: dickinsider on Jun 11, 2019, 09:37 PM

Oh hell no, since they gave me an option to re book even though it is a shitty second flight and I loose my $470.

I am very limited in flights here in this small airport.

dickinsider

Quote from: Cobia on Jun 11, 2019, 09:53 PM

I completely understand.  I only had 1 option for 3+ years when I lived in Alaska.

Cobia

Quote from: dickinsider on Jun 11, 2019, 11:49 PM

I completely understand.  I only had 1 option for 3+ years when I lived in Alaska.

Here is either American or United but United has few flights and with both I have to book a couple months ahead.  That sucks.

dickinsider

Quote from: Cobia on Jun 11, 2019, 11:55 PM
Quote from: dickinsider on Jun 11, 2019, 11:49 PM

Here is either American or United but United has few flights and with both I have to book a couple months ahead.  That sucks.

That's ruff man.

johann

I've completely given up on American.  I won't fly with them any more.  Period.

I had the final bad experience a year and a half ago, at a layover in Miami,  They pulled a gate change for my departing flight without telling anyone, so after finding out about it, and hauling ass across the airport, I get to the gate just in time to see it closed.  Then to cap it all, they rebooked me on a red-eye.

Never again.

Dunno much about United.  Delta aren't too bad, in my experience.  If you can get on either Southwestern or Alaska, they are like the best thing going for domestic flights.

Michael j.

I know exactly how you feel.  Last year, my wife and I flew from LAX to Green Bay, Wi.  We had maintenance delays of 2+ hours in LA and I had another delay leaving Green Bay.  They were going to give me an overnight in Chi-town but I had said no way.  Had to transit O'Hare which I don't care fore because that is a huge facility and they have no transportation between terminals.  We much prefer Delta because they transit Minneapolis where they have these nifty golf carts which transport you whatever terminal you are going to.  These days American and United have the best fares to GB but Delta is worth the extra $$.
Michael J.

Cobia

A couple yrs. ago I flew from Reno to  DFW and there was only 8 people on the next flight to Corpus ( that I had booked and paid for in advance ) so American canceled the flight. I said ok get me on the next flight and the creep said there was 2 flights to Corpus the next day and they were full and I was not booked .  I came unglued and they called a cop.  The cop came over and stood beside me and never said a word.  I told American to get me to San Antonio so I flew there the next morning.  My wife drove 165 miles to get me and when I went out to the Corpus airport my bag was not there. 

This last trip that was canceled was probably the same thing (not enough people ) as I checked the weather on both ends and it was ok.  I did get a full refund but missed my trip.

Kristina Marie

Cobia, you definitely get the run around with your flights.  You just need to let us book it on Southwest for you like we said at lunch. 🤗🥰😘😉

Cobia

Quote from: Kristina Marie on Oct 17, 2019, 06:16 PM
Cobia, you definitely get the run around with your flights.  You just need to let us book it on Southwest for you like we said at lunch. 🤗🥰😘😉

I will get back with you on that.  Thanks.

double d

Bravo Kristina!! Preach it girl!!. I was honestly waiting for him to blow up at American and United so bad they barred him for life...then we could get him on a Southwest flight out of Houston...problem solved...lol..you are destined to fly Southwest Cobia! Resistance is FUTILE!!

DD

Cobia

Quote from: double d on Oct 22, 2019, 01:12 AM

Bravo Kristina!! Preach it girl!!. I was honestly waiting for him to blow up at American and United so bad they barred him for life...then we could get him on a Southwest flight out of Houston...problem solved...lol..you are destined to fly Southwest Cobia! Resistance is FUTILE!!

DD

I have tried and tried.  When I  search Southwest.com it always says " no flight for that date" no mater what date I put in to it.

Yep, I will get help from Kristina next trip....thanks.