Mustang Ranch Reopening RGJ.com article - May 27th

Started by Mr.NiceGuy, May 27, 2020, 10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.NiceGuy

Greetings everyone,

This article was just released by the Reno Gazette Journal this morning, May 27, 2020. Included is the link and a cut-and-paste of the actual article if you are unable to access the link.

Sincerely,

Mr.NiceGuy  :)

Here's the link:

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/local/mason-valley/2020/05/26/coronavirus-nevada-brothels-reopening-news-social-distancing-mustang-ranch/5262347002/

"Bar closed, masks required, no physical contact: Nevada brothels eyeing ways to re-open"

Nevada brothel owners are brainstorming ways to re-open their businesses, even as the state says there are no decisions on when their businesses can resume operations.

With some extensive modifications in services, "we can open safely, we know that," said Mustang Ranch owner Lance Gilman.

Gilman and Storey County officials have drafted letters petitioning for re-opening the Mustang Ranch, Storey County's only brothel, to state offices and officials including the Governor's Office of Economic Development (GOED) and Assemblywoman Lesley Cohen (D, Dist. 29).

Gilman is requesting the brothels be allowed to open in Phase 2, but with safety modifications and limited services.

In a letter to GOED Executive Director Michael Brown, Gilman outlined plans for re-opening, including:

* Temperature checks of anyone entering the brothel
* Customers could enter one at a time to choose a sex worker from a lineup. The sex workers would be spaced six feet apart during the lineup
* Customers and their chosen sex worker would go to her room for conversation, a meal or entertainment, but no physical contact
* Sex workers and other employees would wear gloves and masks at all times. Customers would also wear masks at all times
* The bar will remain closed.

In an email, Brown said despite Gilman's pleas, there are no immediate plans to re-open the brothels.

"There has been no decision on (the) brothels," Brown said. "The matter is under review by the LEAP (Local Empowerment Advisory Panel) as we plan for the future phases."

Brothel safety relies on sex worker compliance

Gilman said the brothel's operations already lend themselves to social distancing protocols.

Brothel workers use condoms and dental dams during regular business activities, and "Most ladies won't kiss – the masks will actually help them," Gilman said. "It's not a very hard leap to go from condoms and dental dams to wearing a mask ... We've been protecting against infectious diseases since we opened."

Gilman said the effectiveness of the safety protocols would rely on the workers.

"We have to rely on the integrity of the ladies. But what I would point you to is condom use. They have to be used in brothels. And there has never been a reported STD case at a brothel. They love that. It keeps them safe," he said. "The ladies value their health as much as their customers."

A boon to business

Gilman said his business, located in Storey County east of Reno, receives about 30 phone calls per day from people asking when the Mustang Ranch will re-open.

Gilman said he could safely re-open "non-contact interactions" that account for about 50 percent of normal business.

Even opening at 50 percent would be a boon to the county of about 4,100 people. The Mustang Ranch employs about 200 people, including sex workers, bartenders, security guards and accountants.

"Two hundred people is a lot," Storey County Manager Austin Osborne said. "One thing about his business people forget is it's not just brothel. It's a resort. It's a restaurant. A lot of people will go there and have lunch and dinner and not having anything to do with the brothel activity.

"If they followed CDC guidelines and continued communicating with the governor's office I think they would be able to open and operate safely. They are a heavily regulated industry."

Lyon County brothel owner Madame Suzette Cole did not return emails to the Mason Valley News, nor did anyone from the Wildcat Ranch in Mina, outside Hawthorne.

Lyon County Sheriff Frank Hunewill said he spoke with Madam Suzette about a week ago and she had outlined "quite a game plan for when they open, but she's going to stick with Sisolak's phase plan."

Ironman

Pass! 🙄 See you in 21 or 22 maybe. Not traveling all the way to Nevada just to watch the girl dance. You can do all of that stuff on Skype, and save on the travel expenses. I already have issue over something else the mustang does that has nothing to do with Covid but I won't get into that here.

I respect that Mustang is taking the safety of the ladies seriously.  But with all due respect I think the management is seriously over estimating exactly what the majority of us out of town tourist will be willing to travel to  Nevada and the Mustang to pay a lady for.

We can do most of what is being proposed online or in person legally since sex would be off the table in our own state.

You all have fun, but if that is how its going to work I'm definitely out even if I get called back to work tomorrow,and can still take what was a planned October trip.  If any of you ladies have a direct line to Charlotte tell her I will have to give her that 20 I owe her from last time in late 21 maybe I will make it 50 since it looks like she will have to wait 2 years for us to close the book on our second round from last summer.