News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

I'm sick...

Started by 59Fendersuper, Oct 01, 2019, 12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

59Fendersuper

And all alone. And feeling sorry for myself. Comfort me...or berate me.

Ironman

Quote from: 59Fendersuper on Oct 01, 2019, 12:32 AM
What kind of sick you talking about this kind🤮 This kind😩😩 The first one will pass in a few hours or days the second is more of a wild card.  But I am sure several of the ladies would be willing to comfort you.  The catch is you need to actually get yourself in the building.😉✌🏻🖖🏼

59Fendersuper

Quote from: Ironman on Oct 03, 2019, 02:50 AM
What kind of sick you talking about this kind🤮 This kind😩😩 The first one will pass in a few hours or days the second is more of a wild card.  But I am sure several of the ladies would be willing to comfort you.  The catch is you need to actually get yourself in the building.😉✌🏻🖖🏼
Bronchitis. No joke for a 65-year-old.

Ironman

Quote from: 59Fendersuper on Oct 03, 2019, 04:02 AM
Quote from: Ironman on Oct 03, 2019, 02:50 AM
Bronchitis. No joke for a 65-year-old.

OK hope you consulted your doctor feel better.🙂

NavySteve

I had bronchitis earlier this year. Lousy couple of days. Lessons learned from the past-go see a doctor. Saw my doctor who wrote a script for "magic pills". 7 days later I was 100% better. I feel for you and what you are going through. Don't remember what the script was for, but it was 1 pill twice a day for 3 days. Them 1 pill a day for the next 4 days.

KittiMinx

I'm just getting over bronchitis now, myself. My symptoms actually first started during my last trip at the Ranch. It's no fun! Much empathy to you my friend.

NHSMG

Hello Kittiminx
I hope this response finds you well. Often times, the extremely dry air common in Nevada can lead to respiratory ailments such as bronchitis, asthma and sinusitis. With most of the ladies traveling back home during off weeks, depending on the climate in that area, the the transition dry (Nevada), moist (home) and then back to dry (Nevada) will exacerbate the onset of sinus related stress on the body. One option you could try is a (small) humidifier for your bedroom at work. This will raise the relative humidity in your bedroom providing for less sinus related stress.

In terms of humidifiers, Evaporative humidifiers tend to be less expensive (initially) with the downside being filter changes and noise (has a fan). The other style is Ultrasonic. The Ultrasonic humidifiers are very good at humidifying the air quickly. Another benefit of the Ultrasonic is the absence of a fan, so this makes the ultrasonic humidifiers quieter. The main downside of the Ultrasonic humidifier is over efficiency leading to an over saturation of the confined air volume resulting in dampness (some have run timers  to prevent this condition). One last note, when using extremely hard water with an Ultrasonic humidifier, the discharge of hard water particulate resulting in grey dust over time in the bedroom can occur.

I purchased a small Ultrasonic humidifier for a lady at the ranch recently due to her issues with sinus related illness. It actually helped her a lot with respiratory  stress when traveling to Nevada. So it is something to think about if your respiratory stresses continue to exacerbate over time and extended exposure to extremely dry air.

Please take care and god bless you

Ironman

Quote from: KittiMinx on Oct 04, 2019, 06:48 AM
I'm just getting over bronchitis now, myself. My symptoms actually first started during my last trip at the Ranch. It's no fun! Much empathy to you my friend.

You.just got over the same thing? 😥🤔 What you two alls been doing together?😉😉

Maybe you twos caught it from Navy Steve.😉😄😄

59Fendersuper

Quote from: Ironman on Oct 03, 2019, 11:50 AMOK hope you consulted your doctor feel better.🙂
I did, took a course of Amoxicillin and it's better, though not gone.

59Fendersuper

Thanks, KittiMinx. I went to my PCP and she gave me a course of Amoxicillin. It's better but not yet gone. I still get tired, too.

RachelVarga

Quote from: 59Fendersuper on Oct 09, 2019, 06:25 PM
Thanks, KittiMinx. I went to my PCP and she gave me a course of Amoxicillin. It's better but not yet gone. I still get tired, too.

PCP? Whoah, that's not gonna help. Hahaha
Rachel Varga
My Site
Follow Me On X

59Fendersuper

Quote from: RachelVarga on Oct 18, 2019, 02:47 AM
Quote from: 59Fendersuper on Oct 09, 2019, 06:25 PM

PCP? Whoah, that's not gonna help. Hahaha
Yuk Yuk Yuk, primary care physician.