Mustang Ranch Steakhouse in Virginia City, Nevada

Started by World Famous Mustang Ranch, May 05, 2014, 02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

World Famous Mustang Ranch

Mustang Ranch Steakhouse
They have been open for barely a month. Currently only serve dinner which starts at 4pm. That's when I arrived to check out the place. Lance has totally remodeled the place. The front of the restaurant has a dozen four person tables. The rear of the place was currently being finished to house a convention/banquet room for large gatherings. The dining area has a unique decor. Rustic brick facade lines the walls along with many paintings of scantily clad women in classic brothel "artwork". Although these painting were different than all the one's I have seen before. They were primarily done in gold and white, had more of a flowing elegance than the usual dark portrait one's I am accustomed to. I was told they were from Mr. Gilman's private collection. The food was truly great. I ordered the 12oz. ribeye with mashed potatoes. ($20) The steak had perfect marbling, tender, and just the right amount of char on a medium well. Mashed potatoes were excellent. Done with red potatoes inc. some peel instead of the usual russet. Wonderful dinner, as good as anything I've experienced in Reno. After dinner, headed downstairs to the bar. The "Hunters Lounge" is a decent sized place adorned with many trophy game mounted on the walls much like the Wild Horse. Tonight, it had a stage for a live band. Of interest was the room located near the bar. They are currently working on renovating the Julia Bulette Red Light Museum. A famous prostitute from the mid 1800's who has taken on legendary status in the old mining town. After finishing my drink, I headed back to the UTV, but not before stopping in Red's old fashioned candy store for some black licorice drops!

Cobia

Quote from: Jennifer on May 05, 2014, 02:47 AM
Mustang Ranch Steakhouse
They have been open for barely a month. Currently only serve dinner which starts at 4pm. That's when I arrived to check out the place. Lance has totally remodeled the place. The front of the restaurant has a dozen four person tables. The rear of the place was currently being finished to house a convention/banquet room for large gatherings. The dining area has a unique decor. Rustic brick facade lines the walls along with many paintings of scantily clad women in classic brothel "artwork". Although these painting were different than all the one's I have seen before. They were primarily done in gold and white, had more of a flowing elegance than the usual dark portrait one's I am accustomed to. I was told they were from Mr. Gilman's private collection. The food was truly great. I ordered the 12oz. ribeye with mashed potatoes. ($20) The steak had perfect marbling, tender, and just the right amount of char on a medium well. Mashed potatoes were excellent. Done with red potatoes inc. some peel instead of the usual russet. Wonderful dinner, as good as anything I've experienced in Reno. After dinner, headed downstairs to the bar. The "Hunters Lounge" is a decent sized place adorned with many trophy game mounted on the walls much like the Wild Horse. Tonight, it had a stage for a live band. Of interest was the room located near the bar. They are currently working on renovating the Julia Bulette Red Light Museum. A famous prostitute from the mid 1800's who has taken on legendary status in the old mining town. After finishing my drink, I headed back to the UTV, but not before stopping in Red's old fashioned candy store for some black licorice drops!

Ahhh...sounds great !!  Got to get up there my next visit.  Thanks Jennifer for the report.
I ain't askin no body for nothing if I can't get it on my own
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chewed your ass out all day long.

Goldie

Quote from: Jennifer on May 05, 2014, 02:47 AM
Mustang Ranch Steakhouse

I'm headed up there...will be in VC o Sun/Mon May 18 and 19 and will go to the Dtrakhouse one evening. Where is it exactly!