Started by Jagged, Feb 26, 2019, 02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jagged

This Federal Lawsuit, filed by Rebekah Charleston,
      Aims to End Nevada's Decades-old legal brothel industry

Mustang Ranch Owner  Replied back about the lawsuit     

This is from KOLO -TV Reno, NV News
  A Federal Lawsuit Challenges To Ban Nevada's Legal Nevada Brothels
  Here is the LINK --->   https://www.kolotv.com/content/news/Federal_lawsuit_filed_against_Nevada_over_legal_prostitiution-506351731.html

"""The plaintiff, Rebekah Charleston of Texas, claims she was forced into prostitution by a boyfriend while she was living on the streets as a homeless runaway. That boyfriend then traded Charleston to a sex trafficker who eventually forced her to "get a job" at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch brothel in Mustang.

The lawsuit argues that while Nevada allows legal brothels in counties with fewer than 700,000 residents, some of the prostitutes are brought to Nevada against their will.

The federal Mann Act (U.S.C. 18 subsection 2422(a)) prohibits interstate sex trafficking and prostitution. The lawsuit argues, while prostitution may be legal under state law, it encourages the illegal transportation of sex slaves to Nevada in violation of the Mann Act.

The Mustang Ranch has announced it will petition to join in defense against the lawsuit.

Mustang Ranch owner and real estate developer Lance Gilman argues, "Every single worker at the Mustang Ranch is required to undergo an FBI fingerprint and criminal database background check every single year." Gilman also says, "In over 4,000 work card applications filed over the last 20 years by working professionals and employees at the Mustang, not one has turned up to be a victim of trafficking."

Gilman is critical of Charleston's attorney Jason Guinasso. Guinasso served as lawyer for the group, "No Little Girl", which attempted to convince Lyon County to end legal prostitution. The campaign led to an advisory vote in the 2018 General Election to end prostitution in Lyon County that failed by an 80% to 20% margin.

Brothels are legal in Elko, Lander, Lyon, Mineral, Nye, Storey and White Pine Counties.  """

clevelandbrowns01

I don't understand how the entire industry would be shut down based on something that allegedly happened to one girl working at one house. While this lawsuit is ridiculous, it is still a little worrisome.   What is the nearest foreign country with legalized and safe prostitution?

johann

It's pointless to try and shut down prostitution.  That boat sailed over two thousand years ago, when there were legal brothels in Roman times.  You can visit one in the ruins of Pompeii, and it was an accepted part of life.  Even to the point where there were "signs" carved into the streets indicating the direction to go.

If this lawsuit succeeds, it'll do more harm than good, because it'll drive the whole industry underground, with all the problems that will create. It also won't prevent what is alleged, just change it so that instead of a legal brothel she would have wound up in an illegal establishment. 

Chief

That girl forced me to perform oral sex on her 22 years ago..  Oh wait, maybe it was 6 years ago... I want to sue her for squirting all over my face...!
  Never happen, don't worry, be Happy..  Stay Safe out there.
When I do right, nobody remembers. When I do wrong, nobody forgets....

pearl pleaser

If this is the same woman, there is a story about her on FTWX.com that contains the following  line:

"She even works with law enforcement officers and the FBI to train them to understand there is a difference between prostitution and sex trafficking. There isn’t a choice in trafficking."

If this is the case, why is Rebekah Charleston even launching this lawsuit?

Sounds like it's either sour grapes or she's mad at her pimp for breaking up with her.

From another article:

"Charleston, who is 37, said she doesn’t remember exactly when she worked in the brothels — she hopes that’s revealed in the course of the lawsuit — but she guesses it might have been in 2004 or 2005."

How can you not remember when you worked, if you're so adamant and angry that you've been wronged?

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story...

Chief

Quote from: pearl pleaser on Feb 28, 2019, 12:18 PM
If this is the same woman, there is a story about her on FTWX.com that contains the following  line:

"She even works with law enforcement officers and the FBI to train them to understand there is a difference between prostitution and sex trafficking. There isn't a choice in trafficking."

Sounds like it's either sour grapes or she's mad at her pimp for breaking up with her.

From another article:

"Charleston, who is 37, said she doesn't remember exactly when she worked in the brothels — she hopes that's revealed in the course of the lawsuit — but she guesses it might have been in 2004 or 2005."

How can you not remember when you worked, if you're so adamant and angry that you've been wronged?

Rite on Pearl, to the point......
When I do right, nobody remembers. When I do wrong, nobody forgets....

Jagged

Quote from: pearl pleaser on Feb 28, 2019, 12:18 PM

"She even works with law enforcement officers and the FBI to train them to understand there is a difference between prostitution and sex trafficking. There isn't a choice in trafficking."

From another article:

"Charleston, who is 37, said she doesn't remember exactly when she worked in the brothels — she hopes that's revealed in the course of the lawsuit — but she guesses it might have been in 2004 or 2005."

I have to agree .     So far  Nothing so far on the suit

KittiMinx

Perhaps in this instance no news is good news?

Victoria

Someone who is truly against trafficking would not be against brothels.

The ladies that work here are not "Little Girls Left Behind". In fact that couldn't be further from the truth. These ladies are NOT victims. They are  entrepreneurs. They are here to make their lives better. To work toward whatever they want for their future.

This lady may or may not have been trafficked. By all means, go after the people who are trafficking these victims. But, know where the real problem lies. and That is not in Nevada's brothels.

RachelVarga

This stuff is so ridiculous. All this energy wasted on trying to save us. If you want to do some real good, go volunteer at Habitat for Humanity, or some other cause that helps people who are in real need. We have people starving on this planet and these fruitcakes are worried about me? Morons.
Rachel Varga
My Site
Follow Me On X

BigBankA7D

Quote from: RachelVarga on Apr 30, 2019, 02:35 AM
This stuff is so ridiculous. All this energy wasted on trying to save us. If you want to do some real good, go volunteer at Habitat for Humanity, or some other cause that helps people who are in real need. We have people starving on this planet and these fruitcakes are worried about me? Morons.
Always people that don't like the way you do something and think they have the right to tell you how to act or how you should behave we have way to maybe problems going on in this world right now this should not even be something that's a concern