News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Rental car shortage

Started by Worry2much, Jun 12, 2021, 11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worry2much

Does anyone know tricks for getting a rental car during the rental car shortage?

Cobia

Quote from: Worry2much on Jun 12, 2021, 11:10 PM
Does anyone know tricks for getting a rental car during the rental car shortage?

Maybe try booking early and hope for the best.
I ain't askin no body for nothing if I can't get it on my own
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chewed your ass out all day long.

Michael j.

I've saw a report on TV that some rental companies were charging such sky-high rates that people were renting U-Haul trucks simply because they were cheaper than cars.
Michael J.

Bart.Pimpson

Quote from: Michael j. on Jun 13, 2021, 01:57 AM
I've saw a report on TV that some rental companies were charging such sky-high rates that people were renting U-Haul trucks simply because they were cheaper than cars.

Maybe it's cheaper upfront, but uHauls charge mileage of use.  Pretty sure that offsets that difference

Madam Tara

wish i could help, let me look up somethings for ya. also if you need picked up and brought out here please message me and i can help with that for sure.  XO Tara
Madam Tara XO

Michael j.

Quote from: Michael j. on Jun 13, 2021, 01:57 AM
There would have be a lot of distance to offset car rental rates of $500-700/day.
Michael J.

Worry2much

Quote from: Madam Tara on Jul 10, 2021, 08:43 PM
wish i could help, let me look up somethings for ya. also if you need picked up and brought out here please message me and i can help with that for sure.  XO Tara

Thanks for the offer. The shortage has lifted somewhat though. I was able to reserve a Corolla for a little over $200, taxes and fees included. I'll be there soon.

Cobia

Quote from: Worry2much on Jul 17, 2021, 12:29 PM
Quote from: Madam Tara on Jul 10, 2021, 08:43 PM

Thanks for the offer. The shortage has lifted somewhat though. I was able to reserve a Corolla for a little over $200, taxes and fees included. I'll be there soon.

Be careful.  Budget and Dollar Renta Car at the Reno airport  both added charges to my card AFTER I was home and I was on the phone forever getting it taken off.
I ain't askin no body for nothing if I can't get it on my own
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chewed your ass out all day long.

Worry2much

Quote from: Cobia on Jul 17, 2021, 05:34 PM

Be careful.  Budget and Dollar Renta Car at the Reno airport  both added charges to my card AFTER I was home and I was on the phone forever getting it taken off.

Good to know, especially since it was Budget. Thanks Cobia.