Navigating the Venetian canals one gondola at a time- By Olivia Lush

Started by Olivia Lush, Feb 12, 2019, 04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivia Lush

Hello Lovelies,
Thank you so much for all the nice moments and private messages enquiring about my world traveler adventures.
This is another travel blog about my globetrotting adventures.

Venice

I adore Venice.  It's so pretty and enchanting that it seems impossible to grow tired of it. I believe it to be one of the most romantic cities in the world.
From Piazza San Marco (don't miss the Basilica even if you are not religious) to the palaces, islands nearby, delicious restaurants, underground nightclubs.  The romantic gondola rides screams fantasy & romance. I adore just getting lost in Venice. Start walking and even hopping in some water taxis without a sure destination to discover hidden treasures, mom & pop restaurants and little stores never listed in any tour guide.
The famous Masquerade Venetian carnival happens once a year. That's an event I am dying to attend. Taking part in such a unique celebration must be fascinating and Sexy, surely a once in a lifetime experience.  Who would want to miss Casanova Carnival Ball- The Pleasure Garden, among other delicious events?
Venetian culture and architecture is inebriating without taking away from relaxation, sexy getaways and very unique experiences.
It always surprises me when tourists come back from a visit to Venice commenting how bad the canals allegedly smell during the summer.
I've been to Venice more than a dozen times, most of them in the warmer months. I never once smelled anything unpleasant in the city, but I guess my heart and senses were fascinated with the beauty and majesty of this magic place and too busy to look for negatives.
I can never get enough of the Italian hospitality, gelato, Mediterranean food and local wine.  How to make the trip even more unforgettable? Add great company and you are in heaven indeed.

I hope you enjoyed this glimpse on one my favorite romantic destinations.

Delightfully Yours,
Olivia Lush

Your Brazilian Delight

If you would  like to read more of my blog posts, see more pictures, videos and much more, check out my website www.OliviaLush.com

Delightfully Yours,
Olivia Lush
www.OliviaLush.com

Mustang 8/17-27

For a faster reply, email me at  olivia@mustangranch.com

clevelandbrowns01

Olivia,

That is a pretty picture of Venice.  I believe that those of us that have the travel bug just don't look for negatives as much.

I used to have to go to Delaware a lot for work. Not a place most people would ever have on their travel bucket lists.  But I found things I liked there. Some favorite restaurants, Delaware Park racino, area sporting events, Chrystiana Mall etc.   There was a seafood restaurant that made best stuffed shrimp with crab meat I've ever had!    Sadly, the restaurant was under new ownership and it wasn't on the menu anymore the last time I was there.

johann

Yes, Venice is a unique city.

I've visited it as well, there's so much to see there: the canals, the famous Rialto Bridge, Piazza San Marco, the Murano glass works, to name but a few.

And you have to take a gondola ride, there's nothing like it.  When I did so, we were traveling from near the Rialto to Piazza San Marco.  However rather than take the larger canals, our gondolier took a "back route" through some of the smaller canals, sort of the equivalent of taking a back country road rather than a freeway.  Gorgeous scenery to be seen, all the classic old architecture.

Truly a city that everyone needs to see at least once in their lives.

clevelandbrowns01

Olivia wrote, "It always surprises me when tourists come back from a visit to Venice commenting how bad the canals allegedly smell during the summer."   

Sometimes I think travel destination bashing gets driven from media perception as well as online reviews too. They seem to lose their credibility if they just tout a popular place and don't find some "diamond in the rough." Just today I saw an article from a couple weeks ago written by Geoffrey Morrison of NY Times where he advises to avoid tourist traps and mentions out of the blue that the worst pasta he had in his life was adjacent to St. Mark's Square in Venice.  He's obviously never had pasta that I made!

Olivia Lush

Quote from: clevelandbrowns01 on Feb 19, 2019, 04:07 AM
Olivia,

That is a pretty picture of Venice.  I believe that those of us that have the travel bug just don't look for negatives as much.

I used to have to go to Delaware a lot for work. Not a place most people would ever have on their travel bucket lists.  But I found things I liked there. Some favorite restaurants, Delaware Park racino, area sporting events, Chrystiana Mall etc.   There was a seafood restaurant that made best stuffed shrimp with crab meat I've ever had!    Sadly, the restaurant was under new ownership and it wasn't on the menu anymore the last time I was there.

That's great! Life is a lot more fun when you choose to see the positive side of things. Now you got me curious to check out Delaware.
xoxo
Olivia
Delightfully Yours,
Olivia Lush
www.OliviaLush.com

Mustang 8/17-27

Olivia Lush

Quote from: johann on Feb 19, 2019, 09:02 AM
Yes, Venice is a unique city.

I've visited it as well, there's so much to see there: the canals, the famous Rialto Bridge, Piazza San Marco, the Murano glass works, to name but a few.

And you have to take a gondola ride, there's nothing like it.  When I did so, we were traveling from near the Rialto to Piazza San Marco.  However rather than take the larger canals, our gondolier took a "back route" through some of the smaller canals, sort of the equivalent of taking a back country road rather than a freeway.  Gorgeous scenery to be seen, all the classic old architecture.

Truly a city that everyone needs to see at least once in their lives.

I am so glad you got to enjoy this beautiful city as well, Johann! Next time I am there I need to get a gondolier to take the "back route" as well. I bet it's very different than the main canals.
Delightfully Yours,
Olivia Lush
www.OliviaLush.com

Mustang 8/17-27