News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Prospector Bob's 4th. annul fishing trip to Texas

Started by Cobia, May 31, 2013, 02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobia

It's that time again .  PB is on his way to south Texas for his 4th. trip fishing for red snapper. We won't get to fish the Port Aransas Deep Sea Roundup thanks to the feds. but we will get to go off shore fishing for red snapper and kingfish , etc.

Last yr. PB was "the man" catching the largest snapper on 1 of our trips. 

More to come..............
I ain't askin no body for nothing if I can't get it on my own
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chewed your ass out all day long.

caveman

What are the feds doing that is stopping you? Dam Goverment!! They get there hands in everything & screw it up. That's why there are no good paying jobs any more. Just crap.

Cobia

They have lowered the red snapper season (June 1-June 18 )  to about 18 days or so and the Deep Sea Roundup is the weekend after July 4.  We have always fished the Roundup but this yr. red snapper won't be in the contest.
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

Cobia

Ok  PB just got here so look out red snapper tomorrow.

Just Tom

are you all using regular tackle or explosives again this year?
if you can't laugh at yourself, you don't deserve to laugh at anyone else

Cobia

We are going in the AM but I don't know what we are using yet.  PB just went to town ....we ran out of brew.

We got a hot tip there was some big snapper up north so we are headed up there to see in the AM.  If we ain't on here tomorrow night call for help.......

Just Tom

good luck guys......and remember a 5 second fuse usually goes off at about 4 seconds.....don't delay in chucking that thing over the side...

who do we call, the Coast Guard or the National Guard?

Cobia

Hummmm....wave height 4ft. and steep......maybe a day at the house and a brew or 2.....

Oh Tom.... reckon we will drink 1 for you too.  PB came back with a case so that should hold us till noon anyway.

We will probably go to the island and look at what walks by too.....

Just Tom

did it die down and let you out to fish today guys?  or did that case of brew wrestle you to the ground and beat you up?

Cobia

Quote from: Just Tom on Jun 04, 2013, 02:32 AM
did it die down and let you out to fish today guys?  or did that case of brew wrestle you to the ground and beat you up?

Both   :).............but we are headed out shortly.  We have a wreck 20 miles off shore we are going to try.

Just Tom

well i heard they caught fish, but had to row the boat home..sweat that beer out

Cobia

Quote from: Just Tom on Jun 05, 2013, 12:49 AM
well i heard they caught fish, but had to row the boat home..sweat that beer out

:D...yep we got a fast limit of kingfish and sharks but we sprung a leak before we got out to the red snapper spot so we had to haul ass home.  Going back Thursday on a charter boat so we can have more brew and relax more.  PB is asleep in his chair right now...I would post a picture but I don't know how.  28 miles off shore and water up to the top of the battery is an eye opener.

Cobia

We went 30 miles off shore yesterday in another boat and caught 4 big king fish and 2 sharks and 6 big red snapper.  1 of the kings was about 40lbs. and 1 of the others was just a bit smaller.  Had a great time even if we did run out of brew. It was hot out there but lots of action.
Tried to post a pict. but it won't let me.

Cobia

Got up the other day and was going to bar b q .  Opened the freezer and it had gone out and it was full of good meat.  We fired up the smoker and grill and started cooking....all day long but we didn't loose much meat.

My boat is still in the shop with little hope in sight.  Tomorrow we have a charter to go bay fishing so we will see how that goes.

If it wasn't for bad luck.........

PS:   I think we are tired of bar b q already.

Cobia

The TV weather is calling for rain tomorrow and we have a 8 hr. trip booked......damn.