News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Biggest movie plot holes you've seen?

Started by 1loveNevada, Mar 26, 2018, 02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1loveNevada

I'm probably one of the last to see "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" at one of those theaters that plays movies other movie theaters have stopped playing  ???.

It wasn't great, but...

<<<WARNING!!! SPOILER ALERT AHEAD  :-\!!!!!>>>

There was this one scene where I found quite unbelievable: the scene where Snoke has incapacitaed Rey. He then says to Kylo Ren that he can read his mind and can sense his hatred (or something like that) and just as he tells him to kill Rey, Kylo Ren maneuvers the light saber next to Snoke and uses it to kill him!

So, if Snoke can read Kylo Ren's mind, how come he couldn't read the fact that he was about to kill him  :o?

On the same note, I still can't believe Princess Leia survived after being caught in an explosion and being hurled into space.

I know some of the courtesans here are geeks and sci-fi lovers. Maybe they can explain those scenes to me.

RachelVarga

Quote from: 1loveNevada on Mar 26, 2018, 02:05 AM
I'm probably one of the last to see "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" at one of those theaters that plays movies other movie theaters have stopped playing  ???.

It wasn't great, but...

There was this one scene where I found quite unbelievable: the scene where Snoke has incapacitaed Rey. He then says to Kylo Ren that he can read his mind and can sense his hatred (or something like that) and just as he tells him to kill Rey, Kylo Ren maneuvers the light saber next to Snoke and uses it to kill him!

So, if Snoke can read Kylo Ren's mind, how come he couldn't read the fact that he was about to kill him  :o?

On the same note, I still can't believe Princess Leia survived after being caught in an explosion and being hurled into space.

I know some of the courtesans here are geeks and sci-fi lovers. Maybe they can explain those scenes to me.

Good question. I think what was happening was that he was feeling Kylo ignite the saber, but not the actual vision or it. At the last moment ignited Rey's or Snoke was so overconfident and using so much power that he could not see it all.

Princess Leia in space. Wtf was that? I think it would have been better if the bridge exploded and she used the Force to hold them all in and the tremendous strain is what incapacitates her.

Okay, now here is one of the ridiculous things. In Force Awakens Han Solo and Chewbacca are fighting Stormtroopers and Han uses Chewbacca's Bowcaster he acts like he has never fired it and says, looking surprised he says, "I got to get me one of these." So you mean to tell me he has never once shot that Bowcaster. He never ever asked Chewie if he could shoot it. They are together for 35 years or whatever and he never shot it? That was so stupid. How could anyone writing a Star Wars movie come up with that stupid scene?

How can Luke fight Kylo and not be there? I think there is a very good answer for this. This explains how Obi-Wan Kenobi died. In a scene, Kylo is wondering how they are connecting and tells Rey that it couldn't be her because the strain would be too much. So it must be that only exceptionally strong Force users can do this. Snoke could bridge Kylo and Rey but they couldn't themselves. Obi-Wan was not there, he must have used the force in his Lightsaber duel with Darth Vader like Luke did and actually faded away on Tatooine.
Rachel Varga
My Site
Follow Me On X

Katalina

Quote from: 1loveNevada on Mar 26, 2018, 02:05 AM

It wasn't great, but...

That is a very good question, I love Star Wars and now I'm gunba lay in bed pondering this lolol
XOXO, Katalina

clevelandbrowns01

Godfather Part II     Michael gets his revenge on everyone at the end except the Rosato brothers. I've never understood it.  It would have taken 30 seconds to show them being killed along with the others.

The Rosato brothers  stirred up much of the trouble by trying to hit Frank Pentangeli in the bar.   That hit attempt was sort of patterned after a real life attempt on Joey Gallo's brother Larry.  That was the genius of Puzo and Coppola in my opinion.  They blended all kinds of things that really happened into the movies / book