News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Help! With a sexy boat name?!

Started by OasisInTheDesert, Jan 14, 2019, 02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OasisInTheDesert

Ladies!  You all have such beautiful names in and of themselves, I'm hoping you can share a little creativity!  This week I have to go register my 1/4-life-crisis, a 38 foot sail boat, and that means assigning her a name!   She's jumpy and hard to control when empty, but well behaved, docile, comforting with a full load.  ; )

Rules - has to be a female name, sexy and or mysterious and or philosophic - could be someone you admire - and a little humor is fun, but it can't be something awkward to call out over the radio if in distress.  (The coast guard won't take it too seriously calling out, "Sailing Vessel Always Wet is going down!"  Seriously - she's at the bottom of the SF Bay. *sad face* )

Jasper

Prospector Bob

Amphitrite...  A sea goddess and wife of Poseidon and queen of the sea. Probably not sexy enough though...  :-\

The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal

Cobia

I ain't askin no body for nothing if I can't get it on my own
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chewed your ass out all day long.

Jasper

johann

Straight out of Greek mythology: Aphrodite, the goddess of sex and beauty.  Or her Roman opposite number: Venus.

LenaStarrXXX

Quote from: Cobia on Jan 15, 2019, 01:47 PM

Wet Dream.

I second this.

Or... I like big boats and I can knot lie? 😬

Ferry Funny?

♥♥♥ Lena Starr

websitewishlistinstagram

OasisInTheDesert

Thank you all for the ideas!  Although I think the name, Wet Dream is amazing, we were concerned it would violate that, "Will the coast guard take it seriously" quandary.  "Stop messing around on the radio, kid," isn't what you want to hear as you're headed into the drink. 

So I printed out a list of your names off the schedule posted on this forum and we went with The Olivia Lush.  So - you're now a boat!  (Also, hope that's not weird!)

We named the lifeboat The Sea Nymph because, at that point, who cares what the thing is called? 

Cheers!

Cobia

Quote from: OasisInTheDesert on Jan 21, 2019, 02:56 PM
Thank you all for the ideas!  Although I think the name, Wet Dream is amazing, we were concerned it would violate that, "Will the coast guard take it seriously" quandary.  "Stop messing around on the radio, kid," isn't what you want to hear as you're headed into the drink. 

So I printed out a list of your names off the schedule posted on this forum and we went with The Olivia Lush.  So - you're now a boat!  (Also, hope that's not weird!)

We named the lifeboat The Sea Nymph because, at that point, who cares what the thing is called? 

Cheers!

There IS a boat named Wet dream.  The CG is ok with it.
I ain't askin no body for nothing if I can't get it on my own
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chewed your ass out all day long.

Lancelot Link

Quote from: LenaStarrXXX on Jan 16, 2019, 02:40 PM
Or... I like big boats and I can knot lie? 😬
LMAO... I think I love you.  LOL
I also tend to reference "I'm on a Boat" by The Lonely Island.   ;D

LenaStarrXXX

That's awesome!! It's such an honor to have anything named after you :)
♥♥♥ Lena Starr

websitewishlistinstagram

ColleenRose

Prospector Bob

The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal