News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

What is your favorite scent?

Started by Leah, Jul 25, 2018, 11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leah

Hey guys,
I'm looking for a new perfume. I want to know what YOU like. Is there a certain scent on a lady that drives you absolutely wild? Cast your vote here, or just bring me a bottle.  ;)

<3
Leah

johann

Leah, the first thing about a perfume is that YOU have to like it.  Remember, you're going to be wearing it, so it's got to be something you like.  That said, there's an interesting comment on perfume (and men's cologne) - it has a different scent depending on whether a man or a woman is wearing it, apparent we have slightly different skin chemistry that brings out differences.

Here's a really nuts idea to try.  Personally, my choice in cologne is definitely the "musky" type.  Long ago, I used to use Tuscany from Aramis, till they "reformulated" it, which completely wrecked it, to the point that I guess everyone stopped buying it, and it went off the market.  However, a remarkably close replacement is Sauvage by Dior.

So head into Reno, find a good store, and pick up a sampler of Sauvage, and try it on yourself.   Let us know what you think. ;)

Big Cat

Leah. A look at your question from a different angle. I partied with Rachel yesterday. She wears a very light but distinctive scent. By the end of the party I was also wearing that scent. Have to say I smelled great!! I chose not to shower afterwards and got to smell Rachel the rest of the day. It worked for me but may not for other clients.

BigBankA7D

Quote from: Big Cat on Jul 27, 2018, 06:32 PM
Leah. A look at your question from a different angle. I partied with Rachel yesterday. She wears a very light but distinctive scent. By the end of the party I was also wearing that scent. Have to say I smelled great!! I chose not to shower afterwards and got to smell Rachel the rest of the day. It worked for me but may not for other clients.
I think that's called essence of Rachel that she wears 😄

Victoria

Lavender anything...

On a man... Axe... YUMMY!

BigBankA7D

Quote from: Victoria on Jul 28, 2018, 10:04 PM
Lavender anything...

Please don't say the body spray lol I use axe body wash and shampoo

BigBankA7D

Whatever Rachel was wearing smelled incredible when I partied with her

remote start

Leah, my current hand lotion smells like a cross between a bakery and a wood working shop.  Does that help?   :)

On a more helpful note, probably something floral-esque or outdoor inspired on a woman seems to work for me.  ymmv. 

Victoria

Quote from: remote start on Jul 29, 2018, 08:11 PM
Leah, my current hand lotion smells like a cross between a bakery and a wood working shop.  Does that help?   :)

On a more helpful note, probably something floral-esque or outdoor inspired on a woman seems to work for me.  ymmv. 
Quote from: BigBankA7D on Jul 29, 2018, 01:01 AM
Quote from: Victoria on Jul 28, 2018, 10:04 PM
Lavender anything...

Please don't say the body spray lol I use axe body wash and shampoo

Axe anything smells amazing... manly... yum!!!! 😜  As far as lavender.... it's a soft scent that smells just lovely and relaxing! And sexy... 😉

shooter

The family jewels should be handled by professionals not drunken amateurs.

Michael j.

Cachet for women, Obsession for men
Michael J.

ColleenRose

Lavender, it has a calming effect. However I find a lot of men like the scent of evergreens/pine trees.

Madison

It really depends on my mood!
During the holiday season I love anything that smells like winter-spruce. In the summer, I love fun, fruity scents. I love lavender and eucalyptus all year round.

Anika

Lavender and orange blossom mix, or lemon and sandalwood.  I need to go to Whole Foods on a day off so I can load up on nice oils.

Ember

Lavender most definitely! It has always been around in my happy times of life and therefore makes me smile everytime I smell it. It's also one of the few things I can actually smell!