Main Menu

Air fare....

Started by Cobia, Oct 28, 2013, 12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobia

Quote from: Wildfire on Oct 31, 2013, 12:22 PM
Quote from: Cobia on Oct 28, 2013, 09:01 PM
Quote from: Wildfire on Oct 28, 2013, 07:29 PM
Cobia  have you looked at San Antonio ?  I know there would be a couple hour drive.  Southwest for around $400 . 
I normally go out of Austin most of the time less than $ 400.

No I haven't tried SA. (just got back from there...went hog hunting)

The first time I went out to Reno I left from Austin and it was $99 each way (10 yrs. ago) LOL

Have you look at Sacramento ?  I normally  can get $ 131 each way out of Austin. Short drive over Donner Pass.  But winter time can be a problem. There was snow on the ground yesterday. They said it snowed Sunday and Monday.  It would be ok to get snowed in at the Mustatng but would hate to  be stuck in Sacramento and not be able to get over the pass.  So winter time I go into Reno.

LOL....if I got snowed in over in Sacramento that would be a good thing.  I have a "friend" there...sheeee don't tell anyone .  I would like to spend an entire week there. :D
I ain't askin no body for nothing if I can't get it on my own
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chewed your ass out all day long.

ChicagoBob

Quote from: Cobia on Oct 31, 2013, 02:00 PM
Cobia  have you looked at San Antonio ?  I know there would be a couple hour drive.  Southwest for around $400 . 

The first time I went out to Reno I left from Austin and it was $99 each way (10 yrs. ago) LOL

Have you look at Sacramento ?  I normally  can get $ 131 each way out of Austin. Short drive over Donner Pass.  But winter time can be a problem. There was snow on the ground yesterday. They said it snowed Sunday and Monday.  It would be ok to get snowed in at the Mustatng but would hate to  be stuck in Sacramento and not be able to get over the pass.  So winter time I go into Reno.

LOL....if I got snowed in over in Sacramento that would be a good thing.  I have a "friend" there...sheeee don't tell anyone .  I would like to spend an entire week there. :D

I'll be back in Reno at New Years - I hope I do get snowed in - gives me an excuse to stay longer ;)   

By the way, I booked United Airlines directly (90 days in advance) and I got a flight from an airport just outside Chicago (connecting 2 regional flights) for less than $400.00.   I have done this many times before, and it works out great.   Sometimes I get a better deal through the airlines than other sites.    I usually have an hour layover in Denver, but still arrive in Reno around 1pm - ready to party all night long.

You might also try "lastminutetravel.com" if you don't mind red-eye flights...             

Cobia

Quote from: ChicagoBob on Oct 31, 2013, 02:52 PM
Quote from: Cobia on Oct 31, 2013, 02:00 PM

I'll be back in Reno at New Years - I hope I do get snowed in - gives me an excuse to stay longer ;)   

By the way, I booked United Airlines directly (90 days in advance) and I got a flight from an airport just outside Chicago (connecting 2 regional flights) for less than $400.00.   I have done this many times before, and it works out great.   Sometimes I get a better deal through the airlines than other sites.    I usually have an hour layover in Denver, but still arrive in Reno around 1pm - ready to party all night long.

You might also try "lastminutetravel.com" if you don't mind red-eye flights...           

Ok thanks , I will try lastminutetravel......  shoot I will try just about anywhere.

It has always been high priced out of here and now there are only a couple different flights out too and with Anerican you never know if you are going to make it the same day or not.
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

johann

Wildfire already mentioned this, but Southwest from San Antonio to Reno and back can be done for $380 round trip plus taxes etc.  You just need to go to their web page book the flights, and then start switching the dates around.  As of right now, 10:20 on Oct 31, if you leave Nov 12 and return Nov 19, you can get those prices

You have to go to their web page: http://www.southwest.com and book it there, but they often have really good prices if you book two to three to four weeks in advance.

Cobia

Quote from: johann on Oct 31, 2013, 05:25 PM
Wildfire already mentioned this, but Southwest from San Antonio to Reno and back can be done for $380 round trip plus taxes etc.  You just need to go to their web page book the flights, and then start switching the dates around.  As of right now, 10:20 on Oct 31, if you leave Nov 12 and return Nov 19, you can get those prices

You have to go to their web page: http://www.southwest.com and book it there, but they often have really good prices if you book two to three to four weeks in advance.

It said $579.00...that is better...thanks.

I am going no mater what the price if I am still kickin.....you only live once and they are just too go to me out there.  I can't resist.....

Mitch Connor

Houston - Hobby airport might be an option also.
Monger of the Year

Cobia

Quote from: caveman on Nov 01, 2013, 03:58 AM
Cobia, ask this guy if he will drive you there. http://xfinity.comcast.net/video/Atlanta-driver-wins-Cannonball-Run/59127875520/Comcast/TopVideos/

;D........no thanks Caveman....sort of been there done that.  I saw that on tv last night.

My last day in the army some clown was taking me to the airport in Nashville and he was running 100 and I told him if he would just let me out I would walk.

Thanks Mitch.

caveman

I want to know what the guy did with the bed pans. Did he dump them out the window or did they just dump on to the road automaticlly. I wouldn't want to be the guy following him. You would be slipping & sliding all over the place. That would give new meaning to When The sh*t hits the fan. Like when a airplane drops it's load.

pearl pleaser

Quote from: Cobia on Oct 30, 2013, 10:39 PM
Quote from: pearl pleaser on Oct 30, 2013, 09:54 PM
Try Priceline.com.

Cobia, where the hell do you live? Alaska? I just tried Houston to Reno in about a month from now, using Dec 4 to Dec 8 as theoretical departure and arrival, and it ranged from $372 to $490 U.S. return, economy class.

On Priceline.com it was $1565.00.......can I float a loan ...?

Cobia

Quote from: pearl pleaser on Nov 03, 2013, 11:10 PM
Try Priceline.com.

Cobia, where the hell do you live? Alaska? I just tried Houston to Reno in about a month from now, using Dec 4 to Dec 8 as theoretical departure and arrival, and it ranged from $372 to $490 U.S. return, economy class.

I tried for March 10-15 out of Corpus Christi Texas to Reno.

Just Tom

cobia, if you are willing to drive 10 hours, one way, to go hunting why won't you drive 8 hours to catch a cheaper plane?
if you can't laugh at yourself, you don't deserve to laugh at anyone else

Cobia

Quote from: Just Tom on Nov 04, 2013, 01:33 AM
cobia, if you are willing to drive 10 hours, one way, to go hunting why won't you drive 8 hours to catch a cheaper plane?

;D......I don't know.  I hate crowds and air ports.

(BTW I just walked in the door from a 4 day hunt and got skunked...missed a good 1 this morning)

Wildfire

Quote from: Cobia on Nov 04, 2013, 01:10 AM
Try Priceline.com.

Cobia.

Just Checked Southwest  out of Austin March 3 - 8 for only $ 379.   
I have booked late January for $ 340   now looking for Late April or May.

Cobia

Quote from: Wildfire on Nov 05, 2013, 07:29 PM
Quote from: Cobia on Nov 04, 2013, 01:10 AM
Try Priceline.com.

Cobia.

Just Checked Southwest  out of Austin March 3 - 8 for only $ 379.   
I have booked late January for $ 340   now looking of Late April or May.

Thank you.