News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

12 Fun Brazilian Facts by Olivia Lush

Started by Olivia Lush, Sep 18, 2018, 12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivia Lush

1-The official language in Brazil is Portuguese, not Spanish.  Assuming that we speak Spanish like majority of South America is a common mistake, but knowing the correct answer will surely earn you some points (wink, wink). 
Although I've been traveling for years, I never lost my sexy Brazilian accent

2-When Brazilians meet on social events, they greet each other with kisses on the cheek. Depending on which part of Brazil you are in or are from, you give 2 or 3 kisses, Yes, it means that if you are meeting a group of 10 people you are expected to kiss all of them when you arrive and then again on your way out.

Girls kiss both genders and guys usually kiss the ladies but shake hands with other males. When I first came to the US, the advice I got more frequently prior to my trip was: "Do not kiss people when introduced to them. They will get the wrong impression of you".

3-We are very affectionate people we like to touch...on appropriate areas. Brazil has a warm, touchy culture. Our sense of personal space is a lot smaller than North Americans or even some Europeans.  It's quite acceptable to touch your friend's arms, shoulders, hair or hands while talking to them just because you like them.  That might be one of the reasons I seem to be so good & affectionate at GFE dates.

4-We do lots of PDA (Public Display of Affection).  It's common to see couples holding hands, hugging, kissing, snogging and even seating in each other's laps in public.  We are not clingy. We just don't feel that we need to "get a room", unless we actually need one...

5-Everything is a good excuse for a party. If I gather with friends, the odds are pretty good that it will turn into a party, someone will bring a guitar or put some music on, bottles are open and the fun is endless. Friends will bring other friends because it's a party and the more the merrier.  We are warm people indeed.

6-We normally eat late in South America as well as some Latin European countries, we have dinner at home between 7:00 and 8:30 pm and if we are eating out, it might be 10:00/ 11:00 pm or even later if the restaurant is connected to a nightclub.  When I go home to visit friends, they make fun of me because I want to go to dinner early, like 10 pm.

7-Although topless is not that common or even legal in all beaches in Brazil, thongs and tiny bikinis are. We like our delicious buns nice and brown...

When I used to live in a Condo in Las Vegas, I once got a note from administration advising me that my thong bikini was not family friendly and requiring me to "cover myself appropriately" when using the community pool. That was a big incentive for me to get my own house with private pool where I sunbathe naked and skinny dip with my friends .

8-Brazilians are proud to produce the world's best coffee and we grow up drinking it. At Breakfast time usually coffee is served with milk. Kids get more milk than coffee and adults usually drink it darker. Black coffee is served again after lunch and sometimes dinner.  That explains our addiction and appreciation to this cup of happiness. Decaf coffee never really made it there and meeting someone for a coffee is not seen as a date. I can say that I run basically on caffeine and inappropriate thoughts. There's nothing like waking up to strong coffee and hot sex

9-Caipirinha, the famous Brazilian drink is made of cachaca (a kind of rum made of sugar cane), lime and sugar. It tastes sweet and quite innocent, but don't be fooled. Cachaca's alcohol content is quite high and you can easily get drunk with just a couple of glasses.  We love to experiment with drinks, so it's quite common to have bars and restaurants offering several drinks mixing tropical fruits with cachaca, vodka or sake.

10-Our national dish is Feijoada ,a delicious black bean & pork meat stew served over rice with slices of orange and a kind of cabbage on the side. It's delicious and quite fulfilling.  Saturday is the official feijoada day, when majority of the restaurants include it in the lunch menu. The idea is that as many people don't work on Saturdays, that's the perfect day to eat such a heavy dish and then nap the rest of the afternoon. I absolutely love it!! Just thinking about it makes my mouth water.

11 -Not all Brazilians like soccer (or football as we call it) and samba, but I would say that we love at least one of them. I love samba, carnaval is my favorite time of the year to visit Brazil, but couldn't care less for soccer unless it's the World Cup. Although the TV channels show Rio's carnaval usually focusing on the small outfits and open sexuality, the party   happens all over the country and you can find options from family friendly to flirty all the way to super duper naughty.  I try to go back to Brazil for carnaval at least every other year. I've participated in the parade in Sao Paulo wearing a tiny outfit dancing in one of the floats as well as Rio de Janeiro.

12- Although vegetarian and even vegan restaurants can be found in some of Brazil's largest cities, Brazilians, as South Americans in general, usually love meat. It's part of our culture and everyday eating habits. Living in the US , I absolutely adore going to Brazilian steak houses from time to time and delighting myself with the juicy meats and vast salad bar.

Would you like to know more Brazilian facts? Spend some time with me and you'll become an expert...

Would you like to read more of my blog posts? just click here http://www.olivialush.com/#/blog

Delightfully Yours,
Olivia Lush
www.OliviaLush.com

Mustang 8/17-27

For a faster reply, email me at  olivia@mustangranch.com

Cobia

I ain't askin no body for nothing if I can't get it on my own
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chewed your ass out all day long.

BigBankA7D

clevelandbrowns01

You wouldn't have gotten any complaints from me if I lived in that condo complex!  Of course, you'd probably have had me arrested for constantly staring at you whenever you were by the pool.  I even knew a couple of those facts!  (1 and 12).

It figures not everyone could like soccer too. Just like sports here - not everyone likes them. I'll ask you a Brazilian soccer question anyway even if you don't really pay attention to it.  You may know the answer. During the World Cup, I was talking to a woman that is married to an Argentinian guy and she said tons of Argentine soccer fans pay more attention to the Spanish League than the Argentinian League because Messi and their other top players mostly play in Spain. 

Do Brazilians soccer fans pay more attention to whatever European League their best players happen to be playing in than the home league?

Michael j.

I have heard that Brazilian Portuguese is different than that spoken in Portugal. Could you give some examples?
Michael J.

Olivia Lush

Thank you for all the nice compliments and for reading my post, gents!

clevelandbrowns01- I don't follow soccer (or as we call it, football) so can't really answer you but I think that most Brazilians follow the local teams...

Michael- Comparing Português from Brazil and Portugal is like comparing American and British English...

Let me know  if you have more questions about my beautiful home country and culture. I am always happy to answer...
Delightfully Yours,
Olivia Lush
www.OliviaLush.com

Mustang 8/17-27

Olivia Lush

For the ones that read my post and were curious about our famous Brazilian dish, this is what feijoada looks like.
I usually don't drink soda, but make an exception to Guarana Antarctica, the best Brazilian soda.
Just looking at this picture is making my mouth water...

Delightfully Yours,
Olivia Lush
www.OliviaLush.com

Mustang 8/17-27