How is Self-Quarentine / Social Distancing Going?

Started by Drew, Apr 04, 2020, 06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew

Hey Everyone,
  I went out today for the first time in two weeks on an "essential" errand run. I am getting bored and have watched more Netflix in the last two weeks then I have in my life. On a side note, thanks to everyone for recommendations on things to watch.  I have been working on my social-media and relations accounts.

What have you been up to?

johann

I'm finding that online games help a fair bit - I'll cracnk up my nerd factor and say that I play quite a bit of World of Warcraft.  Especially with a Discord server, it's easy to chat with friends online.

In a similar vein, Zoom usage has skyrocketed with the lockdown, that's also very useful when you want to chat and see people, e.g. friends and family in a non-gaming setup.

Bottom line is I'm hanging in there.  Being an introvert helps a lot, we have the advantage that we survive far better in the absence of social interaction than "Alpha type" extroverts.

Ironman

😠😠💩💩 I can't go to work, and don't make enough money to stay home,😟😟but have no choice.

I can't go bowling because the centers of course are all closed.😥 Stuck at home with basically no money and nothing to do even if I had some 🙄

Worst part I bought this In February can't even use it now.😞😞 I did manage to get 3 weeks of use out of it (20 games) before Covid-19 killed my winter leagues there is still a chance if the shelter in place is lifted in very early may we can still get to bowl a sweeper, but the fund has been compromised.

Guess its a good thing I paid 200 cash for the ball back in February at least it's paid for In full.

Anyway sorry for bitching, but you did ask how it was going.😄😄

Cobia

I ain't askin no body for nothing if I can't get it on my own
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chewed your ass out all day long.

Ironman

Quote from: Cobia on Apr 04, 2020, 12:13 PM
Not good.  I am not used to staying home.

Go fishing by you self just tell everyone  to beat it! Sayb I'm fishing you alls kick rocks.😄😄

Cobia

Quote from: Ironman on Apr 04, 2020, 01:17 PM

Go fishing by you self just tell everyone  to beat it! Sayb I'm fishing you alls kick rocks.😄😄

They got to camp ground shut down or I would be there.
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

Cobia

Ironman

Quote from: Cobia on Apr 04, 2020, 01:39 PM

You a cave man maybe they make exception for you tell them you invented camping. A long with Shoes and a lot of other stuff.🤣

Drew

I've been playing lots of dominos and gin rummy with my family. Also, I tried zoom the other day and I think I like Skype more. It's easier to setup and use, in my opinion. I'm a low key introvert, so I'm not dying. I think what you said about extroverts is completely true.  Stay safe!

XOXO,
Drew Ryan

Quote from: johann on Apr 04, 2020, 07:55 AM
I'm finding that online games help a fair bit - I'll cracnk up my nerd factor and say that I play quite a bit of World of Warcraft.  Especially with a Discord server, it's easy to chat with friends online.

In a similar vein, Zoom usage has skyrocketed with the lockdown, that's also very useful when you want to chat and see people, e.g. friends and family in a non-gaming setup.

Bottom line is I'm hanging in there.  Being an introvert helps a lot, we have the advantage that we survive far better in the absence of social interaction than "Alpha type" extroverts.

Drew

Awe man, let me know if you need anything. Be safe.

XOXO,
Drew Ryan

Drew

Ironman stop trying to get people arrested, and Cobia follow safety regulations. If you don't they are going to put you on the news. The headline "Local man breaks into camp site claiming he is a caveman that has the right to fish".

XOXO,
Drew Ryan

Quote from: Ironman on Apr 04, 2020, 02:31 PM

You a cave man maybe they make exception for you tell them you invented camping. A long with Shoes and a lot of other stuff.🤣

Cobia

Quote from: Drew on Apr 04, 2020, 04:47 PM
Awe man, let me know if you need anything. Be safe.

I can think of a couple things I need but it ain't in the cards  right now.... ;D ;D

XOXO,
Drew Ryan

Ironman

Quote from: Drew on Apr 04, 2020, 04:49 PM
Ironman stop trying to get people arrested, and Cobia follow safety regulations. If you don't they are going to put you on the news. The headline "Local man breaks into camp site claiming he is a caveman that has the right to fish".

XOXO,
Drew Ryan

Quote from: Ironman on Apr 04, 2020, 02:31 PM

Cobia knows I am just giving him 💩💩😄. I have been given him 💩💩 Longer then you probably been able to walk unless you are way older then you look.😉 Its kinda what I do best, my favorite targets to give 💩💩 too are Cobia, Chuck and Bigfoot. Sometimes I branch out and give 9er a little 💩💩 So he won't feel left out. But usually Cobia, Chuck and Bigfoot.  Are my favorite targets. You know like in football when a QB has his go to WR? Or a baseball pitcher that works better with one catcher over the other one. Same concept.😉😁 Also take note of my forum title.  Miss Lena made that title official for me back in December of 2019.😄😄

Prospector Bob

Quote from: Ironman on Apr 04, 2020, 11:32 AM
😠😠💩💩 I can't go to work, and don't make enough money to stay home,😟😟but have no choice.

I can't go bowling because the centers of course are all closed.😥 Stuck at home with basically no money and nothing to do even if I had some 🙄

Worst part I bought this In February can't even use it now.😞😞 I did manage to get 3 weeks of use out of it (20 games) before Covid-19 killed my winter leagues there is still a chance if the shelter in place is lifted in very early may we can still get to bowl a sweeper, but the fund has been compromised.

Guess its a good thing I paid 200 cash for the ball back in February at least it's paid for In full.

Anyway sorry for bitching, but you did ask how it was going.😄😄

A little caca first, good buddy...  ;) That ball looks like something my cat barfed up this morning... only bigger. The guy that sells bowling balls must of seen you comin'. You ought to bowl 300 every time out with that ball. When the pins see it comin' they'll be so scared they'll jump out of the way.  ;D

Sorry you haven't been able to give your shiny new ball more alley time. Hope it won't be too long before you can back to burnin' up the alleys. Hang in there Fuzzy...  ;D
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal