News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Prospector Bob's 5th Annual Fishing Trip.....

Started by Cobia, Jul 08, 2016, 03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobia

Prospector Bob is here for his 5th annual fishing trip.  We were going to fish the Port Aransas Deep Sea Roundup which we have fished in the past but the " wind gods " are not working with us this yr.  5 ft. is just too rough for my small boat so we chartered a boat for Sat. but can't enter the fish in the Roundup because of the rules.

( Hey you....wish you were here again....you know who you are )
I ain't askin no body for nothing if I can't get it on my own
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chewed your ass out all day long.

Cobia

We had registration yesterday and cooked 300 lbs. of shrimp , taters a, corn and sausage.  Even had a few cold ones too.....I forgot how many really.
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

Navyguy

Just Tom

don't let them cold ones wrestle you to the ground this year guys, good luck with the fishing... remember to throw the grenade, not just drop it over the side
if you can't laugh at yourself, you don't deserve to laugh at anyone else

Cobia

We were blown out yesterday and today. The " wind gods " don't like us but we are after them Tuesday and maybe tomorrow.  There has been  some good fish caught so far.  1 boat had 3 nice cobia yesterday and may win that division with 1 of them ( 47lbs.)
We will see.

Ayana

I'm praying to the Wind Gods for you guys....... ;)
Sweet Texas Tea-Everything is Sweeter in Texas!

Cobia

Quote from: Ayana on Jul 09, 2016, 08:55 PM
I'm praying to the Wind Gods for you guys....... ;)

Thanks we need all the help we can get Ayana.

We are fishing Tuesday and Wednesday so maybe we can have something for dinner..... :D

Cobia

Well, the wind is finally letting up some so we are fishing Tuesday and Wednesday for sure.  Maybe we can get away from eating burgers and hot dogs after that :D

Cobia

Quote from: shooter on Jul 11, 2016, 10:00 PM
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2016/07/11/9-year-old-sets-new-maryland-fishing-record-with-94-pounder/

There was a 80 lb. cobia brought in Sat. but we didn't do it.  The wind is a bitch really.  Going in the bay for 2 days so we will see.....

Cobia

We are headed for the bay this morning.  Gulf is still too rough for us. 

Had bar-b-q last night so maybe it will be fresh fish tonight......maybe.......

Cobia

We put in 8 hrs. of fishing today and ended up with a limit of trout ( 10 )  and 2 oversized redfish. The reds were both over 29 inches long so it was a great day. 

Oh, we killed a 12 pack or so also.

more to come tomorrow.

Cobia

Things were a little tougher the next day .  The wind gods were " gettinn it " so we only got our limit of trout but we did take out a 12 pack ...or so. 

We are not going to be able to go off shore this trip so Prospector Bob is going to be a little short on fish this trip.  The seas are still 5ft. + so we will just work on killing a 12 pack or so.

All  in all Deep Sea Roundup and our 2 fishing trips were a lot of fun as usual so it wasn't a total loss.

Cobia

Well, Prospector Bob's trip has come and gone .  He is on his way home .

We didn't kill any hogs and caught few fish but we did manage to kill a few 12 packs and have a good time.

He gave me 2 display cases with gold nuggets in them to go with the 3 he gave me on earlier trips.  All in all it was a blast.

Prospector Bob

From Motel 6 in Las Cruces, NM:

Despite the failure of the wind gods to provide zephyr winds so we could sail the ocean blue & perhaps limit out on red snapper & other fish, I had a great time. Cobia is the best host a feller could have... you feel right at home. He even has pups that will play with you.  ;)

The two monster red fish I caught made up a little for the missed off shore fishing.

Lost track of dead 12 packs. We oughta buy stock in Coor's light before I go down there next year.  ;D
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal