News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

How's the smoke Ladies?

Started by Just Tom, Aug 24, 2013, 02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Tom

i know last weekend the smoke in the Truckee meadows was pretty bad in the evening, and was moving east along I80, but if they are shutting down the Tahoe airshow this weekend it must be even worse

wish i could be there to see for myself this weekend, but alas, it is not to be, too much to do here at home
if you can't laugh at yourself, you don't deserve to laugh at anyone else

Phoenix

yeah its better to play inside and enjoy our somking bodies safely instead of the outdooors smoke from the cali fire...God help those firefighters and residents and us for that matter get thru this horrible fire...

shooter

On the national news last night they said the the air quality in Reno was bad for everyone.
The family jewels should be handled by professionals not drunken amateurs.

caveman

What caused the fire & how close is it to you ladies? Was it one of the fires that was caused by lightening ? Is it the one that there saying could take the actors homes?

caveman

If I just heard them right on the news. That is a big big fire! :'( :'( They were saying another two weeks maybe to put it out. If they would let me do it . I'd be give me a shovel & I'll help put it out. It's not like I'm working so I could be doing something constructive. There would probabbly be to much red tape invald in that. Here's to the fire fighters.
Take Care & make it back healthy.

Just Tom

eastern edge of the fire is about 80+ miles SSW of Reno, but the winds have been blowing the smoke northward since it started...the winds have shifted today and is blowing the smoke more easterly, but the smoke is affect events all through the Sierras and Motherlode

.right now the Rim fire is somewhere above 196,000 acres and 30% contained, estimated containment is September 20

a lot of that country is very steep and very overgrown, so containment has been slow to get going, but the over 4600 firefighters are gaining about 5% per day....
if you can't laugh at yourself, you don't deserve to laugh at anyone else

caveman

What they showed today on news looked real big. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( They showed a fire fighter & the back round was nothing but flames. The anchor man said he would like to buy him a beer when he is done. I say forget that if you want to thank him. Buy him a few pitchers & a week at the ranch. That is what you call one hot job. It's worse than putting down black top on a hundred degree day.

tobyg3

Those Buckaroo Bucks would come in handy just about now, for these poor guys. Maybe some of the ladies could just do a drive-by butt-wave from a limo or open trailer, and throw out some coupons for the boys.

shooter

330 square miles burned so far, they are saying it may be Christmas before it is completely put out.

Phoenix

Oh dear God help those firefighters and the residents :'(

shooter

Currently the fourth largest fire in California history.

tobyg3

A very close friend of mine in Bastrop, Texas, lost their house during the Texas firestorm a few months ago. The sad part is they were out of town when it happened, so they weren't able to save anything. The heat and flames were so intense, that the entire structure was ashes, inside and out. What really hurts is that he's a retired firefighter. We worked together for Austin FD, and quite a few firefighters lost their homes. The wind was so intense, that the flames were actually horizontal most of the time, which meant fast travel and hard containment strategy. I do sympathize for the California crews this time of year, especially knowing how it feels for them.

caveman