SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Social Media

Started by Atlantis, Nov 29, 2017, 11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesslyn

Quote from: RachelVarga on Dec 03, 2017, 02:12 PM
Atlantis,

I would say with confidence that I know how to use both at a high level. It's really a lot of work. I will tell you this. I see all the mistakes girls make because they think they get it but have absolutely no idea what is going on. Most people don't even know who their target audience.

Here is something you may hear. "Use an autoresponder". Absolutely DO NOT use an autoresponder. Twitter users on average hate them and it will make you look bad.

PM me and I will give you my Twitter/Instagram guide.

Twitter - Interact with an audience
Instagram - Build a brand

You can use both because they have a different function.

DO NOT use Facebook. Facebook uses facial recognition like the rest but theirs will do things like suggesting your work account to people on your personal account. It sees you are the same person. There is no way to turn that off completely. They don't give two shits about your privacy in any way.

Wow, even those few pointers you gave were really eye opening, if I ever decide to try social media I'll know who to ask for help! :) 

Atlantis

Quote from: Offleash on Dec 03, 2017, 03:20 AM
Quote from: Atlantis on Nov 29, 2017, 11:29 AM
I am toying with the idea of finally getting some sort of social media account setup. Which do y'all prefer, Instagram, or Twitter?

I prefer to come see ya in person  :o ;D

Honestly I am much more of an 'in person' girl, but I am stepping out of my comfort zone to try some new things. New adventures and all that.

Rachel, omg girl. YASSS!! THANK YOU!
I was thinking FB, so thank you so much.

Caleesi

Wow, amazing advice Rachel! As a newbie to the industry who may be venturing into the social media world soon, I very much appreciate your wisdom!!!

Ironman

If you want it just for posting pics Instagram. If you have things you want to discuss twitter.
Which also well with pics.

Katalina

I'm slowly but surely wanting to create a Twitter as well now..
XOXO, Katalina

Atlantis

Quote from: Katalina on Dec 06, 2017, 05:27 PM
I'm slowly but surely wanting to create a Twitter as well now..

Do it!!

Morgan

I did a twitter one, so going me with them

renorunner

Quote from: Morgan on Dec 13, 2017, 12:59 AM
I did a twitter one, so going me with them
whats your twitter