News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

stock market and brothel

Started by margin, Dec 05, 2017, 05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

margin

I can see a lot in common between stock market and brothel, and compiled some observations. Some of those similarities inadvertently have parallels between stocks and working girls. If no objections, I will post those in a day, or two.

Katalina

Quote from: margin on Dec 05, 2017, 05:44 AM
I can see a lot in common between stock market and brothel, and compiled some observations. Some of those similarities inadvertently have parallels between stocks and working girls. If no objections, I will post those in a day, or two.

Since we're on this topic, everyone tells me as a dancer and working girl that I should get into stocks..which has my mind going a little bit #FemaleEntrepreneurs
XOXO, Katalina

margin

Quote from: chuckar chaser on Dec 05, 2017, 06:31 PM
Katalina, please by all means invest. You can't work forever and there is no such thing as having to much money when you retire.

Be careful though. There are more unhappy endings than happy ones.

JimDiGriz

While keeping it light:

Everyone has a wide variety of options
There are twists and turns you never could have anticipated
You can lose your shirt (although depending on context, one's a prelude to doom and the other's . . . something to look forward to)

MrTShirt

To summarize what some radio finance gurus recommend for investments:

1)  Bob Brinker - Mutual funds from Vanguard such as the total stock market fund

2)  Dave Ramsey -  Mutual funds
     a)  Growth
     b)  Growth and Income
     c)  Aggressive Growth
     d)  International
     Each type of fund would be 1/4 of your investment.

Dirk Diggler

Quote from: MrTShirt on Dec 06, 2017, 03:05 AM
To summarize what some radio finance gurus recommend for investments:

1)  Bob Brinker - Mutual funds from Vanguard such as the total stock market fund

2)  Dave Ramsey -  Mutual funds
     a)  Growth
     b)  Growth and Income
     c)  Aggressive Growth
     d)  International
     Each type of fund would be 1/4 of your investment.

This is great advice and you should definitely go with mutual/index funds. The fees are extremely low and you can chose funds that match your risk tolerance. Some are more agressive and some are more conservative depending on the ratios of stocks to bonds and othe commodities. They way you truly make money in stocks is to invest consistently over a long period of time. There will be ups and downs but over time you will get a much larger return rate than you will ever get at a bank or through CD's.

If you haven't already done so, I also would say a Roth IRA is a must as an IC because you need to be saving for retirement as well.

Dirk

Katalina

You guys are great, that was a small amount of info I'm sure compared to how it all works but even just that bit of info was helpful, I'll definitely do some research. Thanks guys!
XOXO, Katalina

margin

In the beginning, some "readme" material :

A.  Brookerage is a financial institution that facilitates the buying and selling of stocks between a buyer and seller

B.  Knowledge of stock options that are calls and puts is not necessary. Both can be naked or covered. Naked call referenced below is one of the riskiest options strategies.

C. There is a difference between stock trading and investing. Trading assumes that you are actively trading stocks daily, weekly, monthly, etc. Investing - buying and holding for a long period of time

D. Observations below relate to stock trading not investing.

Similarities between brothel (sex industry) and stock market (stock trading):

1. Both exist forever.
2. No rush to enter.  The earlier you enter, the earlier you start losing money
3.  Naked calls are as risky as naked sex
4.  Covered calls are as save as covered sex
5. Profit in stock market is like a good sex with courtesan - always small and not enough
6.  Feeling good after getting  profit in stock market is like feeling  good after sex with courtesan
7. Loosing money in stock market is as loosing money after the bad party
8. Both - stock market/stocks and brothel/courtesans are so addictive - you think about them day and night.
9. In stock market, you use different brokerages due to different type of features they offer: prices, charts, speed of execution, margins, ease of navigation. Different brothels offer different choices as well: locations, prices, profiles, menus, beauties.
10. Stock Markets are driven by greed and fear. Brothels are driven by love(passion) and safety.
11. Stock market is composed of individual stocks each with its own unique behaviour, character and pattern. Brothel is the community of working girls with unique personalities, behaviours and characters
12. You never know how good particular stock or courtezan is unless you hold it for a while, and then keep returning to it over and over.
13. The higher demand, the higher the price  - applicable to both sex industry and stock trading
14. Past performance doesn't guarantee future results - applicable to both sex industry and stock trading

Shay

Quote from: margin on Dec 07, 2017, 12:13 AM

A.  Brookerage is a financial institution that facilitates the buying and selling of stocks between a buyer and seller

B.  Knowledge of stock options that are calls and puts is not necessary. Both can be naked or covered. Naked call referenced below is one of the riskiest options strategies.

C. There is a difference between stock trading and investing. Trading assumes that you are actively trading stocks daily, weekly, monthly, etc. Investing - buying and holding for a long period of time

1. Both exist forever.
5. Profit in stock market is like a good sex with courtesan - always small and not enough
6.  Feeling good after getting  profit in stock market is like feeling  good after sex with courtesan
8. Both - stock market/stocks and brothel/courtesans are so addictive - you think about them day and night.
9. In stock market, you use different brokerages due to different type of features they offer: prices, charts, speed of execution, margins, ease of navigation. Different brothels offer different choices as well: locations, prices, profiles, menus, beauties.
10. Stock Markets are driven by greed and fear. Brothels are driven by love(passion) and safety.
11. Stock market is composed of individual stocks each with its own unique behaviour, character and pattern. Brothel is the community of working girls with unique personalities, behaviours and characters
12. You never know how good particular stock or courtezan is unless you hold it for a while, and then keep returning to it over and over.
13. The higher demand, the higher the price  - applicable to both sex industry and stock trading
14. Past performance doesn't guarantee future results - applicable to both sex industry and stock trading

Haha! Thisis a great (and accurate ) post! Are you interested in a mutual fund? Tara can be your broker and ensure the fund is properly diversified! Personally, I'd suggest 2 blondes, two brunettes, a redhead to start.

margin

Quote from: Krickett on Dec 07, 2017, 01:22 AM

1. Both exist forever.

Haha! Thisis a great (and accurate ) post! Are you interested in a mutual fund? Tara can be your broker and ensure the fund is properly diversified! Personally, I'd suggest 2 blondes, two brunettes, a redhead to start.

Sorry, Krickett, but you are referencing mutual funds which are investment vehicles. The post is about trading - see "readme" item D

margin

Quote from: margin on Dec 07, 2017, 02:09 AM

1. Both exist forever.

Sorry, Krickett, but you are referencing mutual funds which are investment vehicles. The post is about trading - see "readme" item D

Hi Krickett, after giving it a second thought, and per your recommendation, I decided to open account through "Tara Brokerage".
I am planning to have several portfolios on this account with each portfolio correspondent to one mutual fund. Since I am not guite familiar yet with the content of my portfolios, they (portfolios) are going to be based solely on the recearch that I did on the "Tara Brokerage" web site.
That is how I plan to build/allocate my portfolio#2 (name of this portfolio #2 is "TRAVeL") :

Tiffany 20%
Rachel 20 %
Atlantis 20%
Victoria 20%
Leah 20%

Is it diversified well enough?
Does this portfolio include the cotrect ratio of blondes, brunettes and redheads? If not, whom am I missing?
This is just initial allocation, and can change allotment wise and percentage wise based on the performance, availability and price.
My portfolio #1 is going to be called "Delta of Venus", and allocated like following:

Krickett 100%

It happens rarely(never happens) that there is only one allocation in the mutual fund. But since I am really attracted to the asset that this portfolio is holding, I want to see how it goes, how much and how fast I will be loosing.
As soon as I loose enough in portfolio#1(Delta of Venus),   I may switch to portfolio #2 (TRAVeL) that I started that post with, and portfolio#3 with the name "Natural Finger Nails" that is going to be allocated like following:

Morgan 20%
Cherry 20%
Katalina 20%
Samantha 20%
Alexia 20%

So that nobody is left behind,  I am very inclined to build more portfolios from the same "Tara Brokerage" after I loose enough in my above mentioned three portfolios, unless I am attached to one particular ass(et) from any of the portfolios so that it becomes favourite.

Krickett, can you please review my portfolios, and if something wrong, outdated, does not look right - I am open to updates and improvements. That is ok if you don't have time, don't want to, or just lost interest. You will still be #1 asset in #1 portfolio (Delta of Venus)

In case, any of the #2(TRAVeL) or #1(Delta of Vinus) portfolios  bring me any profit, it (profit) will be shared 50%/50% with Krickett, no strings attached whatsoever.

I will keep all the profit if any from portfolio #3(Natural Finger Nails) to myself though.

margin

Quote from: margin on Dec 12, 2017, 02:27 AM
Quote from: margin on Dec 07, 2017, 02:09 AM

1. Both exist forever.

Hi Krickett, after giving it a second thought, and per your recommendation, I decided to open account through "Tara Brokerage".
I am planning to have several portfolios on this account with each portfolio correspondent to one mutual fund. Since I am not guite familiar yet with the content of my portfolios, they (portfolios) are going to be based solely on the recearch that I did on the "Tara Brokerage" web site.
That is how I plan to build/allocate my portfolio#2 (name of this portfolio #2 is "TRAVeL") :

Tiffany 20%
Rachel 20 %
Atlantis 20%
Victoria 20%
Leah 20%

Is it diversified well enough?
Does this portfolio include the cotrect ratio of blondes, brunettes and redheads? If not, whom am I missing?
This is just initial allocation, and can change allotment wise and percentage wise based on the performance, availability and price.
My portfolio #1 is going to be called "Delta of Venus", and allocated like following:

Krickett 100%

It happens rarely(never happens) that there is only one allocation in the mutual fund. But since I am really attracted to the asset that this portfolio is holding, I want to see how it goes, how much and how fast I will be loosing.
As soon as I loose enough in portfolio#1(Delta of Venus),   I may switch to portfolio #2 (TRAVeL) that I started that post with, and portfolio#3 with the name "Natural Finger Nails" that is going to be allocated like following:

Morgan 20%
Cherry 20%
Katalina 20%
Samantha 20%
Alexia 20%

So that nobody is left behind,  I am very inclined to build more portfolios from the same "Tara Brokerage" after I loose enough in my above mentioned three portfolios, unless I am attached to one particular ass(et) from any of the portfolios so that it becomes favourite.

Krickett, can you please review my portfolios, and if something wrong, outdated, does not look right - I am open to updates and improvements. That is ok if you don't have time, don't want to, or just lost interest. You will still be #1 asset in #1 portfolio (Delta of Venus)

In case, any of the #2(TRAVeL) or #1(Delta of Vinus) portfolios  bring me any profit, it (profit) will be shared 50%/50% with Krickett, no strings attached whatsoever.

I will keep all the profit if any from portfolio #3(Natural Finger Nails) to myself though.
Updating portfolio #1 Delta of Venus:
It is now allocated as following:
Krickett 50%
Jesslyn 50%

Jesslyn

Lol, this is an incredibly intelligent analogy! I would have never thought of something like this, amazing creativity! :) Glad to be part of your updated 'portfolio' lol!