News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

reading habits of the ladies

Started by clevelandbrowns01, Jan 07, 2018, 06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clevelandbrowns01

ladies - what do you read during downtimes at the MR?  Obviously, I'm sure there are days that are less busy than others.

Madison

I love to read! I don't stick with one genre and I like recommendations from others so I can try out new books I might not have otherwise! I'm currently reading a fiction called "The Passage." I like taking long baths and reading.

Katalina

Quote from: clevelandbrowns01 on Jan 07, 2018, 06:50 AM
ladies - what do you read during downtimes at the MR?  Obviously, I'm sure there are days that are less busy than others.

Anything about medical, biology, and Marilyn Monroe 😍😍😍
XOXO, Katalina

Ada Marie

Honestly, anything. I love reading anything that will give me more knowledge, weather that's science, history, business, etc. Anything that I think will add to my life gets added to my library. I love fiction, drama. If it's a decent read, I'm for it.

But reading is a lot of fun to me. I'm willing to take any recommendations.

Ember

Reading is my absolute favorite leisure activity! I use to read to my siblings all the time and we would always make an event out of it and some of them would start acting out whatever I was reading. I love to read pretty much anything that can spark some sort of interest in me, because you never know how much you will like it or not. My favorite genre is fantasy however, and I don't just mean fiction, I mean fantasy, the ones about new worlds and creative creatures. To me, a book is a portal into an authors mind. It shows how they think about things, what decisions they would probably make, and the limits of their imagination. Fantasy takes that a step further. Fantasy shows just how little limits people have and how they can use that to create things we never would have even been able to think of if we hadn't already had the suggestion. The only limits ones imagination have are the ones you yourself put there, and books reflect that beautifully to me.

Silverado

Thank you Ember for your profound response. I feel like it opened a portal into your mind!

Ember

Quote from: Silverado on Nov 27, 2018, 12:11 PM
Thank you Ember for your profound response. I feel like it opened a portal into your mind!

Anytime! Thank you for reading it!

Madison

Quote from: Ember on Nov 27, 2018, 11:36 AM
Reading is my absolute favorite leisure activity! I use to read to my siblings all the time and we would always make an event out of it and some of them would start acting out whatever I was reading. I love to read pretty much anything that can spark some sort of interest in me, because you never know how much you will like it or not. My favorite genre is fantasy however, and I don't just mean fiction, I mean fantasy, the ones about new worlds and creative creatures. To me, a book is a portal into an authors mind. It shows how they think about things, what decisions they would probably make, and the limits of their imagination. Fantasy takes that a step further. Fantasy shows just how little limits people have and how they can use that to create things we never would have even been able to think of if we hadn't already had the suggestion. The only limits ones imagination have are the ones you yourself put there, and books reflect that beautifully to me.

I love how you expressed this, Ember. I need to make more time to read because it really is fun to get to experience new worlds and characters and adventures!

clevelandbrowns01

Madison,

You're right. It is hard to find time to read. I carry a book with me everywhere I go and still find it difficult. I set a goal of finishing at least one book per month. Normally, I can do that fairly easily but I've failed miserably this year. Maybe I've been looking at too many pics of MR girls!  Just kidding...

Olivia Lush

I love reading  and it can be from novels/ fantasy to educational books. if I am reading during the day, it's usually something business oriented or technical but at bed time I like something relaxing like a good novel to help me get to sleep.

xoxo
Olivia
Delightfully Yours,
Olivia Lush
www.OliviaLush.com

Mustang 8/17-27

For a faster reply, email me at  olivia@mustangranch.com

Ember

Quote from: Madison on Nov 28, 2018, 01:49 PM
Quote from: Ember on Nov 27, 2018, 11:36 AM

I love how you expressed this, Ember. I need to make more time to read because it really is fun to get to experience new worlds and characters and adventures!

Thank you! And it really is fun! I love every adventure that I get to experience!!

Anika

I just got a gift card to Amazon as a tip... Can't wait to get some reading material for slow days!

KittiMinx

I'm currently reading Joe Biden's autobiography. I may not agree with all of his political leanings but I like to learn about our country's important leaders.

Ada Marie

Quote from: KittiMinx on Dec 27, 2018, 05:32 PM
I'm currently reading Joe Biden's autobiography. I may not agree with all of his political leanings but I like to learn about our country's important leaders.

I saw you reading that, how is it?

KittiMinx

Quote from: Ada Marie on Jan 02, 2019, 08:27 AM
Quote from: KittiMinx on Dec 27, 2018, 05:32 PM

I saw you reading that, how is it?

Very interesting so far! He has surprisingly very hardcore family values that's quite respectable. I may not agree with all his politics but I appreciate it nonetheless.