Main Menu

Thanksgiving

Started by Victoria, Nov 23, 2013, 05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victoria

Thank you Caveman! :)

Just Tom

Quote from: Victoria on Nov 25, 2013, 02:50 PM
I alwys make pumpkin cheesecake... Decide to change it up a bit :)

oh now you are just being mean, not that i ever got any leftovers anyway.... :'(
if you can't laugh at yourself, you don't deserve to laugh at anyone else

tobyg3

I'm kinda late with this, but I found a really good video on the Food Network, with Alton Brown, for deep-fried turkey, but if it helps, here it is -

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/deep-fried-turkey/29726.html

As for dessert, my own preference would be something that ain't too heavy or sweet. After gorging on the main meal, I'd just burst if I tried anything. Pumpkin-spice cheesecake may be just the thing, with shredded coconut toasted on top.

Regardless, I hope your holiday plans go well for you Victoria, and you all have fun and lots of laughter, hugs, and love to go around.

Phoenix

And I can eat it off each other ;)

tobyg3

Quote from: Phoenix on Nov 28, 2013, 08:56 PM
And I can eat it off each other ;)

I think you're part cannibal, girl. Not that it's a bad thing :o)

Victoria

Tom, I've made cheesecake for the girls before. Maybe I will do it for christmas..  :)

Phoenix

I'm a sexual camillion with a sweet tooth ;D oh and yep thank you to one of our freaquent fuckin trucker clients for enjoying some yummy cream pie of my body :P

caveman

Victoria , How did the turkey turn out? Was it as good as everyone says fried turkey is? Did it taste just like chicken inquirry minds want to know?

Victoria

The turkey was AMAZING!  The lemon meringue pie however... Ended up a pile of goo on my counter! EPIC FAIL! Lol... Thank goodness for Marie Callender's!!!!! I did make caramel apple cheesecake however...

caveman

The turkey was the main thing! You can fix anything else. If you didn't have turkey that would hurt. That's like saying your a true blood american & driving up in a Honda or Toyota. Now that I put my foot in it . I'm not telling anyone what right or wrong way to celibrate. Just saying you planned turkey & if you lost that it would have been sad. Glad to hear that turned out. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Victoria

There will always be turkey for thanksgiving!!!!

Dixie

Thank you for the food and everything that you made us........................

Victoria

Sorry Dixie! Maybe I will have a chance for Christmas or new years... After the Epic Fail on the lemon meringue pie, i didnt have time...  >:( I know a few of the girls asked about my pumpkin cheescake...  ;)