News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

The time clock is out of whack.

Started by Gus, Apr 02, 2013, 06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gus

I just noticed that the site's time clock is out of whack. I posted about the PM feature at about 11:15 am, but the time stamp shows 6:13pm, about 7 hours in the future.
The most important words in life are "Yes!"and"Wow!" and "Thank You."

coralin

How to easily fix the clock offset in your Forum profile.

Hover your mouse cursor over the
Profile entry in the different Options bar above (Home is highlighted), click on the Forum Profile selection.
In the Forum Profile, hover your mouse cursor over the
Modify Profile entry, click on Look and Layout.
The displayed screen will have a
Time OffsetClick the (auto detect) highlight.  It should set your Time Offset automatically; else manually set it to -7 (if on PST, -4 for EST, etc.).
Click the Change profile button on the bottom of the page to save it.

Gus

Thank you Coralin. I'm glad somebody on this forum knows their way around computers.

Gus
The most important words in life are "Yes!"and"Wow!" and "Thank You."

johann

One word of warning.  Check back here after we switch back to Standard time at the beginning of November.  If the forum doesn't switch it automatically, you'll need to change it manually.

Phoenix

thought there was wake up time shower time suck o'clock and fuck thirty and after that pass out time do to exhaustion... :o  ;D

Carolina

Quote from: johann on Apr 04, 2013, 04:34 PM
One word of warning.  Check back here after we switch back to Standard time at the beginning of November.  If the forum doesn't switch it automatically, you'll need to change it manually.

Welcome Johann! :-*

Just Tom

if you are logged in as a member the clock (if you adjusted it) is fine, but guests are still getting some really whacky times, near as i can figure midnight, start of a new day is about 4:15 PM pacific time....might this get fixed someday?
if you can't laugh at yourself, you don't deserve to laugh at anyone else

tobyg3

I'm thinking guests don't have a profile, so there's no manual option for that. Could be that the coding in the app could be tweaked, but it may be overkill.