News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Tahoe in March

Started by TheImpsDelight, Jan 22, 2019, 12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheImpsDelight

So I'm looking at finally heading out to the Reno area to check out MR on a Nevada trip in March. As of right now I'm just planning on driving in from Elko and spending half a day or so in the area before heading back.

I was wondering if it would be worth it to get a hotel and spend an extra day in the area, perhaps to drive over to Tahoe and check that out for the first time in about 15 years or so. I am curious though - how is it in March? Is it accessible? Snowed out? Worth seeing, or better to just wait until summer?

Or are there other things to check out in Reno? I'm not much of a gambler, so I figure that takes away a lot.

Cobia

Quote from: TheImpsDelight on Jan 22, 2019, 12:38 AM
So I'm looking at finally heading out to the Reno area to check out MR on a Nevada trip in March. As of right now I'm just planning on driving in from Elko and spending half a day or so in the area before heading back.

I was wondering if it would be worth it to get a hotel and spend an extra day in the area, perhaps to drive over to Tahoe and check that out for the first time in about 15 years or so. I am curious though - how is it in March? Is it accessible? Snowed out? Worth seeing, or better to just wait until summer?

Or are there other things to check out in Reno? I'm not much of a gambler, so I figure that takes away a lot.

I was out there last early March and it snowed every damn day and was 17* several nights so be careful
I ain't askin no body for nothing if I can't get it on my own
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chewed your ass out all day long.

TheImpsDelight

I also hate crowds, but it's Tahoe so you figure. Gerlach though, guess I'll have to look into that.
Is that 17 degrees or inches btw? 17 degrees isn't terribly cold to me.  :P

As to MR, I don't have a huge budget. Will probably just do one party, but I figured it was time to get out of the NE NV bubble and check it out.

TheImpsDelight