News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Borneo Line Up

Started by SeattleSun, Jun 08, 2015, 09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeattleSun

This is what a "line up" looks like on the Island of Borneo in Indonesia circa 1979.

First for those who have the Hollywood image of the native ladies of the islands of the South Pacific, topless and in their grass skirts, this is your "reality check"!!

These are all the unmarried young ladies of the village and you get one night as a free test drive but if you sleep with her a second night you are consider "married" by the tribe.  You need to be careful and not get drunk and get them mixed up and accidentally book that second night.

And for the local "brothels" in the 1970s the fee was either a bar of soap or a pack of cigarettes, both could be used a "currency" if you didn't consume them.  At the native level it was a "barter economy".  On an aside those little lighters were the best trading things.  I always paid with soap didn't want to give anyone cancer.  Plus clean is better.  It was always interesting for the customs officer at Jakarta airport who opened my large Samsonite suit case and found it full of Irish Spring bars of soap.   :o :o :o :o :o :o

That's not me in the photo buy my "crew chief" we landed their in a helicopter during oil and gas explorations.

SeattleSun

Lancelot Link

I guess the "madam" is the one in the western-style dress?   ;)

SeattleSun

Quote from: Lancelot Link on Jun 08, 2015, 09:56 PM
I guess the "madam" is the one in the western-style dress?   ;)

Yea I think she was, I think her name was Emma?

I think the guy in the back right side was the "village chief"  things blur after 35 years. 

The two on the right almost look pre-puberty?  Not that I was ever into that.   :( :( :( :(

Lancelot Link

Yeah, I noticed the 2 on the right. In the context of the story behind the photo, those two make the photo just a little awkward to to look at.  But hey, it's not my culture, and I have no right to judge them so I won't. And who knows... perhaps the mother couldn't find a sitter while she posed for the photo?   ;)

SeattleSun

Emma,

I am thinkin' we should start doing the Mustang Ranch line ups TOPLESS!   :o :o :o :o :o

"Mustang Ranch - Home of the Topless Line Up"

What do you think?

Michael j.

Does he maybe mean BORNEO?
Michael J.

SeattleSun

This maybe more interesting to the Ladies.

This is the way the males "dressed".  They all wore "penis shields".

Never really figured out their "meaning" as there were all sizes and shapes. 

You have to understand we had no language to communicate with these "natives".  It was just one big game of "charades" all day long when you were in a village.

Note: due to very poor nutrition the "natives" were mostly small people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koteka

SeattleSun

Quote from: Michael j. on Jun 10, 2015, 03:46 AM
Does he maybe mean BORNEO?

Actually I am now remembering (don't get old) I took these photos in IRIAN JAYA which is the Indonesian half (western) of New Guinea.

I was based at FAXFAX and flying out to there.

Emma

Quote from: SeattleSun on Jun 10, 2015, 03:08 AM
Emma,

I am thinkin' we should start doing the Mustang Ranch line ups TOPLESS!   :o :o :o :o :o

"Mustang Ranch - Home of the Topless Line Up"

What do you think?

No way!  You're always on your worst behavior during lineups, Seattle!  Can't give you even more to talk about. ;) xo Emma

SeattleSun

Quote from: Emma on Jun 11, 2015, 03:35 AM

No way!  You're always on your worst behavior during lineups, Seattle!  Can't give you even more to talk about. ;) xo Emma

Ah, you know I only go to the line ups to view the trophies on the walls.

And as a "marketing" suggestion a photo of that room should be somewhere on your web site.  It's truly unique. 

SS