News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Packing Up the Van....

Started by SeattleSun, Aug 12, 2015, 05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeattleSun

....and heading for Reno.

Cherry season is over and Apple season hasn't started yet so think I'll bring some Grape Juice.

Any preferences?   What is that white wine that Ayana drinks?

Nese

Quote from: SeattleSun on Aug 12, 2015, 05:58 AM

....and heading for Reno.

Cherry season is over and Apple season hasn't started yet so think I'll bring some Grape Juice.

Any preferences?   What is that white wine that Ayana drinks?

Nese the cashier would love some Golden, Fuji, & pink apples!! And I love pears!!!

Ayana likes Dark Horse or Three Girls white wines
Mustang Ranch Cashier

SeattleSun

Quote from: Nese on Aug 12, 2015, 07:37 PM

Nese the cashier would love some Golden, Fuji, & pink apples!! And I love pears!!!

Ayana likes Dark Horse or Three Girls white wines

We haven't started picking the new apple crop yet, see chart below, but your requests for the future are noted.  In fact August is a really bad month for Tree Fruit picking.

Dark Horse is out of Modesto, CA and Three Girls is the from Oak Ridge Winery in Lodi, CA.

I am packing stuff out of Washington so......  I think Ayana likes Chardonnay, yes?

I have some "14 Hands - Red - Hot to Trot"  packed which seems an appropriate red for the MR.  lol

Seems it's fertilized with horse manure.

Inspired by the Wild Horses of Washington State, 14 Hands is a wine borne from the Hills.
https://www.14hands.com/about/our_story

The inspiration for 14 Hands wines recalls a time when wild mustangs once freely roamed the hills of eastern Washington State. These small horses, measuring a scant fourteen hands high – a "hand" being equivalent to a man's palm width, approximately four inches – would travel down from the hills every day to drink from the Columbia River and graze along the riverbank and then retreat back to the hills at night. Strong and tenacious, these little horses became known for their endurance and wild spirit. This unique and beautiful landscape gave these unbridled horses their spirit and tenacity that now feeds our vines. With loamy–sand and gravel soils, these hills require a strong and determined grapevine resulting in big, bold, juicy red wines and crisp, fruit-forward white wines.

Nese

Quote from: SeattleSun on Aug 12, 2015, 07:47 PM

I am packing stuff out of Washington so......  I think Ayana likes Chardonnay, yes?

I have some "14 Hands - Red - Hot to Trot"  packed which seems an appropriate red for the MR.  lol

Seems it's fertilized with horse manure.

Inspired by the Wild Horses of Washington State, 14 Hands is a wine borne from the Hills.
https://www.14hands.com/about/our_story

The inspiration for 14 Hands wines recalls a time when wild mustangs once freely roamed the hills of eastern Washington State. These small horses, measuring a scant fourteen hands high – a "hand" being equivalent to a man's palm width, approximately four inches – would travel down from the hills every day to drink from the Columbia River and graze along the riverbank and then retreat back to the hills at night. Strong and tenacious, these little horses became known for their endurance and wild spirit. This unique and beautiful landscape gave these unbridled horses their spirit and tenacity that now feeds our vines. With loamy–sand and gravel soils, these hills require a strong and determined grapevine resulting in big, bold, juicy red wines and crisp, fruit-forward white wines.

I just spoke with her & she does indeed like Chardonnay, she said she likes these as well...
Cayuse Vineyards God Only Knows Grenache Armada Vineyard Walla Walla Valley
No Girls Grenache La Paciencia Vineyard Walla Walla Valley
Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon Columbia Valley

Also, Ayana has a birthday coming up on the 15th  ;) ;)

& thank you i appreciate it on the fruit order!! I like all kinds of fruit so any surprises are always welcomed!!

Mustang Ranch Cashier

SeattleSun

Quote from: Nese on Aug 12, 2015, 08:41 PM

I just spoke with her & she does indeed like Chardonnay, she said she likes these as well...

& thank you i appreciate it on the fruit order!! I like all kinds of fruit so any surprises are always welcomed!!

I stopped by Quilceda Creek  http://www.quilcedacreek.com/   last night and they are taking orders but nothing available right now and No Girls  http://nogirlswine.com/nogirls/  isn't available either but I did find some Ripple I think Ayana will like:

Lancelot Link

Hmmm... maybe on my next trip out there I'll bring some Night Train and Thunderbird to share.   ;)

Prospector Bob

Quote from: SeattleSun on Aug 13, 2015, 10:42 PM
Quote from: Nese on Aug 12, 2015, 08:41 PM

I stopped by Quilceda Creek  http://www.quilcedacreek.com/   last night and they are taking orders but nothing available right now and No Girls  http://nogirlswine.com/nogirls/  isn't available either but I did find some Ripple I think Ayana will like:

Ripple wine! That brings back some memories! My favorite was Pagan Pink!  :o ;D

The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal

Prospector Bob

Quote from: Lancelot Link on Aug 13, 2015, 11:08 PM
Hmmm... maybe on my next trip out there I'll bring some Night Train and Thunderbird to share.   ;)

Or Boone's Farm...  ;D

Tennessee25

They still make that......

Lancelot Link

I think Boone's Farm is a grape-based wine, right?  Night Train and Thunderbird are citrus-based, which is VERY different.  heh heh

Prospector Bob

Quote from: Lancelot Link on Aug 14, 2015, 01:50 PM
I think Boone's Farm is a grape-based wine, right?  Night Train and Thunderbird are citrus-based, which is VERY different.  heh heh

Boone's Farm wines are fruit flavored wines like apple, strawberry & a whole bunch of other flavors. Some of the Boone's Farm wines might be grape-based but I'm pretty sure their apple wines are made from apples. The label on their Strawberry Hill wine says it's a flavored citrus wine.

I've had a close personal relationship with Thunderbird  ( :-X ) but never heard of Night Train. From what I learned about Night Train after I googled it... it's a wickedly bad hangover in a bottle & a train wreck waiting to happen.  Sorta like Thunderbird...  :o

Boone's Farm wines...