News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

" Unfriendly " Reno ?

Started by NorthMnMan, Sep 03, 2015, 10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthMnMan

Recently, I read an online story about the 15 most unfriendly cities in this country, which included Reno, but I don't recall what rank it received. I find it hard to believe that Reno could be considered on the same level as Baltimore and Oakland !   ???   Perhaps the writers should have taken a drive out to the ranch !

Cobia

Quote from: NorthMnMan on Sep 03, 2015, 10:01 PM
                    Recently, I read an online story about the 15 most unfriendly cities in this country, which included Reno, but I don't recall what rank it received. I find it hard to believe that Reno could be considered on the same level as Baltimore and Oakland !   ???   Perhaps the writers should have taken a drive out to the ranch !

Reckon they have never been to Exit- 28.
I ain't askin no body for nothing if I can't get it on my own
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chewed your ass out all day long.

NorthMnMan

Quote from: chuckar chaser on Sep 04, 2015, 01:41 AM
The author must have been stoned or stupid Reno is prety friendly. All the road work can get you thinking of a few cuss words at times though.
            I agree ........ very ridiculous ranking. I just checked and found it was Cond'e Nast traveler magazine that ranked Reno as #8 on their list. Newark, New Jersey was at #1

Orange County

Oh one of those fancy schmancy magazines for the Barnes & Noble news stand crowd. I dunno, I found Reno to be a nice city in the time I spent there last month. I even made a friend there who works at the Grand Sierra Resort. One guy, who turned out to be an apparent 'tweaker' as some call them, frauded me out of a hundred bucks. But he may not even be a resident of Reno. He might be some drifter but not a representative of Reno or civilized living for that matter. A lot of people are tourists from other parts of the country and world. And a lot of social interaction is with people in service positions like valet drivers, taxi drivers, waiters and waitresses, cashiers, security officers, law enforcement, and others. I'm just one person but all my interactions with such have been fantastic. The general public can be a mixed crowd but they're from all over. A lot of them are older, retired people who seem to be kinda faded. I don't know the crime rates but police presence seem to be good.

Wildfire

Reno unfriendly ?  I would say it is no different than most large city's in the country.
Now if you want friendly head out the Mustang Ranch.
Every one there is friendly from staff ,management and most of all the lovely Mustang Ladies.  :)

lumberjack0306

I agree for a great reno experience   go to exit28