News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

No Avatar - Where Did It Go?

Started by Prospector Bob, Nov 13, 2021, 11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prospector Bob

Where did my avatar go? Not just mine, other forum members avatars are missing as well. There are some still showing but it seems like a large majority just vanished. I tried to load mine again but it won't load. The site was down recently a few days ago. Did something change in the forum member settings during that off-line gap?

When I tried to load my avatar again I got this message:

An Error Has Occurred
The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.

How come?

The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal

Ironman

It  probably has something to do with when the sight crashed last week.  The forum  was offline for 2 or 3 days.

Michael j.

The Sex-in-Nevada forum was down for several days too, but it turned out that their Admin was in the hospital seriously ill with the COVID.  But he is on the mend, getting better al little more each day.
Michael J.

Prospector Bob

Quote from: Ironman on Nov 14, 2021, 04:21 AM
It  probably has something to do with when the sight crashed last week.  The forum  was offline for 2 or 3 days.

That's what I figured also. Didn't seem to effect your avatar.
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal

Ironman

Quote from: Prospector Bob on Nov 14, 2021, 09:45 AM
Quote from: Ironman on Nov 14, 2021, 04:21 AM

That's what I figured also. Didn't seem to effect your avatar.

Mine is attached  to an off site 3rd party picture host I can't seem to currently log into for some strange reason.🤔 The link to my avatar however is still active. So not too worried about being currently locked out of my image hosting account at this moment.

firefighter

My avatar disappeared too, and it can't be uploaded or specified by URL either.  However, it's not that important, since access to the forum is the main objective. 

The Simple Machines Forum problem may be fixed eventually; LPIN Awards has experienced bizarre issues with free SMF too.

911 Never Forget Firefighters' Maltese Cross
NRA Benefactor Member

Luna

Mine is gone too... How can you tell if I'm sexy or not without it?

D-does this help?

Ironman

Quote from: Luna on Nov 21, 2021, 11:43 PM

D-does this help?

Yes!😉

firefighter

Quote from: Luna on Nov 21, 2021, 11:43 PM

D-does this help?

Dear Luna,

It appears from your photo that you're sexy with or without your avatar!

However, I should probably give you an intimately close examination during the Annual Reno Meeting scheduled for Wednesday July 13, 2022 thru Sunday July 17, 2022 to confirm my belief.  ;)

firefighter XO  :-*
NRA Benefactor Member

Ashlyn Sparks

I keep trying to update mine and it keeps erroring out ... :-[

Vera Bliss

Ironman

Quote from: Vera Bliss on Feb 19, 2022, 10:08 AM
Same here

Use an off site 3rd party picture host.  Just drop the link your the pic hosting site will create for you into your profile.

In your case given your target Audience choose an adult friendly site.

Its always better whenever ever possible to link your Avatar display picture to on off site pic hosting site.  That way you are not hog tied by the fourm pictuture size limitations.