Record Number of On Line Viewers Today (Sat 6/6/15)

Started by SeattleSun, Jun 07, 2015, 05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeattleSun

The system is reporting a record of on line viewers today and few if any posts?

Tourist season?

"Most Online Today: 157. Most Online Ever: 157 (Today at 12:02:52 AM)"

Don't know about the 12:02 am note as I think the forum is set of GMT or London time?  Would be nice to be on PDT.

For example this post says 5:46 am and I am in the Pacific Time zone and it is 10:46 pm Saturday night.  I think its maybe 5:46 am Sunday morning in London.

Emma

Well, I mean, of course we would set records on mine and Trina's birthday!  That only seems right...? ;) ;D Cool info, thanks Seattle!  xoxo Emma

Lancelot Link

Oh, I see how it is... I haven't even left yet and you've already forgotten the other person celebrating a  birthday. LOL

Lancelot Link

LMAO
"Emma" and "Extraordinary" both start with "E."  Coincidence?  I think not.

SeattleSun

Oh wow Emma's birthday, 21 huh?   :) :) :) :)

Now you can get a beer in the bar?

Hang loose, I am just jealous.  I would give anything to get a "do over".

:) :) :) :) :)

More forum stats here    http://forum.mustangranchbrothel.com/index.php?action=stats

mm

I generally find that big spikes like this are caused by spiders (like google's web crawler).  In particular there are some annoying spiders from Asia that don't rate limit as well as Google, Yahoo, and Bing.

Or it could totally be because of the lovely ladies' birthdays.

Quote from: SeattleSun on Jun 07, 2015, 05:46 AM
Don't know about the 12:02 am note as I think the forum is set of GMT or London time?  Would be nice to be on PDT.

For example this post says 5:46 am and I am in the Pacific Time zone and it is 10:46 pm Saturday night.  I think its maybe 5:46 am Sunday morning in London.
It looks like the forum is set to UTC which isn't uncommon but a little odd for a business in a set geographical location.  You can set an offset from the server time in Look and Layout section of your profile.  The auto detect works well or you can just set it to -7 which is the UTC offset for PDT.

shooter

I also see spikes when a hack attack or denial of service attack happens. They try to overwhelm the system and cause it to crash.
The family jewels should be handled by professionals not drunken amateurs.

mm

That is far too low of a number for a DDOS attack.  This is a fairly small forum (I've seen forums with well over a million posts) so any reasonable server should be able to handle 150 users in an hour.

SeattleSun

MM,

I have been unable to upload photos as a) the upload folder is full and b) the max photos is like 129k?   Help

And unable to embed a music video from the likes of U-Tube.   Help

Discussions with Jennifer the System Administrator has been to no avail.

TIA

SS

mm

Quote from: SeattleSun on Jun 08, 2015, 04:19 AM
I have been unable to upload photos as a) the upload folder is full and b) the max photos is like 129k?   Help
Those values are set by the forum administrator and there isn't anything a user can do about it.  I would probably just upload them to an image hosting site like www.imgur.com and then embed them in your post using the [img][/img] (ideally using the "Insert Image" button )

And unable to embed a music video from the likes of U-Tube.   Help
There are some video embedding mods for SMF but they do require the forum administrator to install them.  I can understand if Jennifer doesn't want to do so as running too many mods on SMF can be taxing.  I'd just paste the link and if one of those mods are ever enabled it will likely auto converted it to be embedded.

World Famous Mustang Ranch

SeattleSun,

I messaged you back and told you I use Image Shack for uploading of pictures, flyers, etc. 

Image Shack allows you to turn a photo into a link and post it on the forum. Give it a try!

Jagged

Quote from: SeattleSun on Jun 07, 2015, 05:46 AM

"Most Online Today: 157. Most Online Ever: 157 (Today at 12:02:52 AM)"

The clock is   Not   set  in cement on this board.
  All   U  have   2   do  is  change  it  in  ""your profile"".

1..  Look at  your Menu Tabs.   
     Home  • Help  • Search • Profile • My Messages • Calendar • Members  • Logout
2..   Click on Profile button Tab
3..  Move  your  mouse  over  the Modify Profile
4..   Click on Look and Layout from the Drop-down Menu List
   The screen will have
         Current Theme:
         Time Format:
         Time Offset:

Number of hours to +/- to make displayed time equal to your local time.

To the right is a ""Auto Detect""  box
            Current forum time:

5..    Click the ""auto detect"" box   OR   U  can  manually set it .
        Example:   -7  if on PDT (( -4  If  on  ETT))   For  Daylight Saving Time
                             -8  if  PDT  ((   -5   if  on EDT))  For   Standand Time
6..    NEED   2  Save your profile changes
Scroll  To  the Bottom  &  Click the Change profile button.

SeattleSun

Quote from: Jennifer on Jun 08, 2015, 05:48 AM
SeattleSun,

I messaged you back and told you I use Image Shack for uploading of pictures, flyers, etc. 

Image Shack allows you to turn a photo into a link and post it on the forum. Give it a try!

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!   I DID IT!

http://forum.mustangranchbrothel.com/index.php?topic=2032.msg11603#msg11603

Sorry Jennifer I am a slow learner you can ask Emma, etc.

SS

SeattleSun

Thanks mm, Jagged & Jennifer.

This is an example where I would like to "embed" a video.

http://forum.mustangranchbrothel.com/index.php?topic=2034.0

I am now running on PDT.   In fact I only travel north/south any more so seldom leave it.