Finance MR trips (for mongers) shopping trips (ladies) via my 2019 sports picks

Started by clevelandbrowns01, Dec 30, 2018, 08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highlander

Quote from: clevelandbrowns01 on Mar 25, 2019, 04:39 AM
Florida State  +7  -1.10 over Gonzaga      $110 to win $100   Battle hardened ACC team against west coast fraud and I get 7 points.

Being a die hard GU fan I take some offense to this fraud comment. You don't make the NCAA tourney for 20 years and 5 straight sweet 16's without being a legit threat. That being said we are not as big as FSU so the betting man in me says take the 7 points.

Highlander

PS
oh yeah we also beat Duke when they were at full strength this season who else can say that
ATF - "There can be only one"

LenaStarrXXX

Lena,     I don't know if struggling with soon to be relegated Huddersfield Town is something for West Ham United to be too proud of.   ;)     Just play Javier Hernandez - I don't get what the manager is trying to accomplish....

considering how loving west ham is like being in the most confusing/hot and cold relationship ever, I celebrate all wins! 😂 did you see that our guy Declan Rice is playing for England now? so proud
♥♥♥ Lena Starr

websitewishlistinstagram

clevelandbrowns01

Quote from: highlander on Mar 26, 2019, 01:42 AM
Florida State  +7  -1.10 over Gonzaga      $110 to win $100   Battle hardened ACC team against west coast fraud and I get 7 points.

Being a die hard GU fan I take some offense to this fraud comment. You don't make the NCAA tourney for 20 years and 5 straight sweet 16's without being a legit threat. That being said we are not as big as FSU so the betting man in me says take the 7 points.

Highlander

Sorry, Highlander.  I shouldn't have used the fraud term. Obviously, the Zags are a good team with a proud history. Do you think they'd get more respect if they moved to the Mountain West or has BYU joining the WCC helped enough that it wouldn't make much difference?   

PS
oh yeah we also beat Duke when they were at full strength this season who else can say that

highlander

Quote from: clevelandbrowns01 on Mar 28, 2019, 01:03 AM
Quote from: highlander on Mar 26, 2019, 01:42 AM

Highlander

PS
Sorry, Highlander.  I shouldn't have used the fraud term. Obviously, the Zags are a good team with a proud history. Do you think they'd get more respect if they moved to the Mountain West or has BYU joining the WCC helped enough that it wouldn't make much difference? 
Its all good we take heat every year so I am used to hearing it.

I was really hopeful for the Mountain West possibility last year its not a huge step up but there are some better programs like Nevada New Mexico and San Diego State then every now and again Utah State Fresno State and UNLV step up. In the WCC there is BYU and Saint Mary's and even then some years they don't show up. I do think the MWC would payoff with a better SOS at the end of the year for seeding. A couple extra losses a year for sure but also more battle tested come tournament time.

Highlander
ATF - "There can be only one"

clevelandbrowns01

record 7-9-4  -$276   Poor day of college basketball yesterday.  Ugh..  I've got to eliminate that sport from my betting.  Easily my worst sport.   Oh well.   Let's shift over to college hockey for tomorrow.

Arizona St  +1.75 over Quinnipac        Arizona St slumped at end of year but their best player is back from injury.    $50
Northeastern -1.15 over Cornell   Cornell's goalie got hurt last week and they have another key player unavailable.   $58 to win $50
Providence  +1.45 over Mn State Mankato     Mankato really got hosed with being seeded #1 and having to play in Providence. The regional's not at Providence's actual home arena but still a real tough draw.   $50

Bailey Rose

XOXOXO BAILEY ROSE

clevelandbrowns01

record  8-11-4   -$301        college hockey record from last was 1-2  -$35 

Bailey Rose,  I'll have to get to a winning record b4 you should want to hang with me.   :)   Course I'll hang with u anytime.    ;)

Let's try the over 117.5  for the NCAA basketball title game tonight.   Media keeps talking how the game will be so low scoring etc.  Usually try to go opposite what the media is saying.  The two teams should be more used to the shooting / lighting in the big stadium.  Could see clampdown on fouls too because the refs will want to show they consistently call everything after the fiasco in the UVA-Auburn game. That means more foul shooting and points when clock is stopped.  Let's do $55 to win $50

I have a number of hockey series bets and soccer plays for this week.   

clevelandbrowns01

Soccer plays to advance out of the round not just the games this week.

E. Frankfurt  -1.35 over Benfica     Frankfurt striker is on loan from Benfica and will be playing!   Benfica has a starting player suspended as well.     $68 to win $50

Liverpool  -4.40 over Porto     Porto leads Champions league in fouls.  That's got to bite them against more talented team.  I like that Liverpool gets first game at home too since the game is being squeezed into the schedule.   $440 to win $100

Arsenal  +1.10 over Napoli     Plus price is worth a little try.    $50 to win $55

clevelandbrowns01

Hockey series prices  (not for Game 1)    I like a lot of the bottom teams to spring upsets. Unfortunately, so do oddsmakers and I don't think I'm getting as much value as other years.  So we'll play cautiously with amounts.  I can get new series prices between games so hopefully some hedging can be done if needed.

Dallas  +1.50 over Nashville     $50      Dallas has been playing virtual playoff games for a month now and is playing well. 

Winnipeg  +1.10 over St Louis  $50    I wanted to take St. Louis bad in this series but they're favored with Winnipeg having home ice?   I can't do that.  Winnipeg hasn't been playing well but I'll try them.

Vegas  -1.10 over San Jose   $55    Was eager to take Vegas as an underdog with San JOse having home ice.  Since it's just a pick series essentially - I'll just take for a bit.

Colorado  +1.90 over Calgary  $50    Just fading Calgary's goaltending situation. Would have preferred Dallas to be playing them - but I'll try the Avs.

Carolina +1.25 over Washington  $50    Holtby has played better last month. Tough to repeat because it gets to be a long year. Caps were quite inconsistent most of year. Hope Carolina wins game 1 and can buy back on Washington.

Boston  -1.45 over Toronto  $145 to win $100   Toronto plays little defense and I'm not a Freddy Andersson fan.  Boston has had the Leafs number for years in playoffs.

clevelandbrowns01

record  9-11-4  -$251    got the over in the NCAA title game pretty easily.   All rest in progress of course.  Let's put a play out for 4-12. 

Tampa Bay -1.5 goals  +1.11   $50     After the collapse in Game 1 - I just think they'll be very focused and lock it down tomorrow night.

clevelandbrowns01

I'll update my record after the hockey series are over.  Things went well with the soccer!    Maybe Bailey would have reason to hang with me in the sports book now! 

Not much time for this but I can play futures sometimes even during playoffs.
$100 Washington Capitals to win the Eastern Conference.     +400   looks good to me.  Islanders are top favorite!  Columbus second favorite.  Just cause they are in next round.   I would have thought Washington would still be favored.   

clevelandbrowns01

Here's the recap of all my recent plays.  I finally got back above even! Not quite financing MR trips yet but at least I can buy lunch and a couple beers at the MR. 

These plays went 7-4  + $282.50   

$100 Washington Capitals to win the Eastern Conference.    L  $100
$50 Tampa Bay -1.5 goals  +1.11   L $50   

SERIES PLAYS
$50  Dallas  +1.50 over Nashville   W $75
$50  Winnipeg  +1.10 over St Louis  L $50   
$55  Vegas  -1.10 over San Jose     L $55     
$50  Colorado  +1.90 over Calgary   W $95
$50  Carolina +1.25 over Washington  W $62.50
$145 Boston  -1.45 over Toronto     W $100

Soccer plays to advance out of the round not just the games this week.

$68  E. Frankfurt  -1.35 over Benfica  W $50
$440 Liverpool   -4.40 over Porto    W $100
$50  Arsenal     +1.10 over Napoli   W $55

Old record   9-11-4   -$251
Above plays  7-4      +$282.50
New total record to date  16-15-4   +$31.50

clevelandbrowns01

Record to date  16-15-4   +$31.50

Couple plays for tomorrow.

Series price  Boston Celtics  +4.65     Hope they win tomorrow and set up a hedge position with this big price.  $50

Game 4   Boston Celtics  -1.5  -1.10   $55 to win $50     If I think Boston has chance to win series still - I must think they win tomorrow right?     Point spread is very short so very little chance they win and don't cover.   Marcus Smart is supposed to be back.  I just can't see them losing three in a row as well.

clevelandbrowns01

didn't get much run from those Celtics plays.... ugh...

Let's try Philly +2 -1.10  tomorrow night in the NBA.   After the rout last night - I would expect a much better effort at home.  31-10 at home during regular season.  3-2 in post season.  $55 to win $50

clevelandbrowns01

record  17-17-4   -$23.50     

Player prop for Game 3 tonight.      Kyle Lowry over 13.5 points  -1.20    $30 to win $25     Lowry has said he's going to be more aggressive tonight offensively.   Worth a try.  More of an action play since I haven't made play in a month or so.