News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

A boring transportation question

Started by clevelandbrowns01, Jan 03, 2016, 05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironman

Quote from: Hondo on Jan 04, 2016, 12:55 AM
I have had very good luck with the taxi's (actually had some fun with a couple of the drivers)and there is no worry if you want to do a little socializing afterward.

I remember when I, uses to think that way to. Sometimes I wish I still did .  Cab are fine if you truly have no other option to get out to the ranch. But 99.9 percent of the time cabs to the Ranch equal bad mojo for your party.

Better to walk from downtown Rwno lady be so impressed you wanted her that badly she might cut you a price break.  Or at least give a good foot Massage before the long walk back to Reno. ;D  ;D

Paradise

Riding a bus to the Mustang an option.

Ironman

Quote from: Rod on Jan 04, 2016, 12:09 AM
Quote from: Scheryll on Jan 03, 2016, 07:54 PM

Uber and Lyft are also a fairly new option.

I can see how to get to the ranch using Uber/Lyft, but has anyone used them to return back to Reno? Do they have cars nearby the ranch to pick up people?

No you will need to  use the app to get another ride back with a different driver.  Or do what my buddy did get the persons direct number. If they are still working they will come back. The other problem with Uber is although the price is generally cheaper on the transportation cost. The price fluctuates depending on demand.  Your  best bet will always be drive yourself. Unless you know a local willing to at least drop you off. Then you  just need to find a way back to Reno which is easier once you have already booked and completed your party with the lady of your choice. 8)

Be glad there are no uber drivers already there unless the are booking a dance themselves. If they did the same bad Mojo you get taking a cab over would kick in. ;)

Little_Mel

check you private messages! Let's get you in here!
Mustang Ranch Hostess

clevelandbrowns01

Any worries with Uber or Lyft concerning the concept of carrying quite a bit of cash?  Obviously, once you tell them you're going to the MR - they know you likely carrying quite a bit.  I've never used either of them. 

Ironman

Quote from: clevelandbrowns01 on Jan 10, 2016, 07:31 AM
Any worries with Uber or Lyft concerning the concept of carrying quite a bit of cash?  Obviously, once you tell them you're going to the MR - they know you likely carrying quite a bit.  I've never used either of them.

Valid point, but in theory once they know you are from out of the area they know you are carrying cash regardless of where you are going.  I think they have to pass a background check for both companies.  But I don't know how extensive it is. But in theory the risk to the passenger is not much more then it would be using a regular cab, but don't quote me on that one.  I have a friend that took Uber over to E 28 3 times and had no problems with any of the drivers the tricky part was finding another one in the area willing to take him back.