News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Out the 15th thru 19th or 21st

Started by Victoria, Aug 12, 2014, 03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victoria

Hey there guys!  I will be gone for a few days coming up. I am having my wisdom teeth removed this Friday. (If I don't jump off the surgeons table and make a run for the door!)

I should be back and ready for action on Tuesday afternoon or Thursday afternoon at the latest. At least that's the plan!   

So wish me luck! I will keep you up to date if things change.  :-*

Xoxoxo Victoria

ryntak46575

Good luck!  I had it done many years ago (before I was even old enough to drive).  Couldn't eat anything but ice cream for a couple of days after that.

KC

Hi Victoria... I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed many years ago. They put me to sleep and it was very easy. I could only eat soup and other liquid foods for a couple of days. You do have to be very careful with the stitches in your gums and keep the deep pockets in your gums clean for a couple weeks. You are not allowed to drive home either after the surgery. Just make sure you take your pain medication right away and on schedule. Don't wait until the novacain wears off and you are pain. Just some tips from my experience. Good luck and we will see you soon...

KC

treeman

good luck friday sweetie.   remember to listen to kc's advice and don't be afraid to use the pain medication.   i hope your dentist name is just the opposite of what you feel??? :)

tobyg3

I've gone thru that myself - think I had six teeth pulled out that time (my fault for neglecting dentist visits in my youth). My friend who drove me home couldn't stop giggling when I tried to take a sip from my ice cream shake (couldn't use a straw), and wound up with my chin dripping like I got squirted by an "excited" Mustang girl- I couldn't feel the liquid so I was taking a guess on where to pour it. Pretty tasty, but what a mess to clean up later.
Take it easy, V, it can be a lot of fun with the right meds, but you'll still have to be careful of infection (fresh wounds) for at least a week.
Hope to see you soon, and smiling ear to ear.

Gus

Good luck, Sweetheart. Take KC's good advice and think of it as a vacation.
Gus
The most important words in life are "Yes!"and"Wow!" and "Thank You."