News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Prospector Bob's 4th. annul fishing trip to Texas

Started by Cobia, May 31, 2013, 02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobia

Everything went well for a change.....got a limit of trout (10 apiece) and 2 red fish.  Great day on the water !!
I ain't askin no body for nothing if I can't get it on my own
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chewed your ass out all day long.

Prospector Bob

We did have a good trip despite some events that tried to put a damper on the good times. With enough beer & a good attitude, even when crap happens, you just shrug it off & stumble ahead.  :)

That 40lb King Cobia caught was done with a monofilament leader instead of the normal wire leaders used for Kings. They have lots of razor sharp teeth that will cut monofilament in a flash. This is a real accomplishment for a fisherman.

I caught two Kings that trip, one at 35lbs & one near 30lbs. I caught one about 15lbs on an earlier trip. I also caught a Blacktip Shark. I don't know the measurements or weight 'cause we released it without bringing it on the boat. I did get a good look at it as the boat captain removed the hook. My estimate... 4ft long & about 30 to 35lbs. It had an impressive set of choppers in its mouth... lots of little daggers.

PB
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal

Cobia

Yeah it was a lot of fun even with all the break downs.  We caught some big fish and had a brew or two and got to hang out and visit. 
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

Ayana

It sounds like Good Eats!!! I wish I could have been there. It sounds like ya'll had a great time fishing w/ a few things trying to Rain on your party...I liked the way you prevailed by catching the HELL out of some fish. Mmmmm I'm getting hungry as I'm writing this-lol... :)
Sweet Texas Tea-Everything is Sweeter in Texas!

Cobia

Quote from: Ayana on Jun 20, 2013, 06:12 AM
It sounds like Good Eats!!! I wish I could have been there. It sounds like ya'll had a great time fishing w/ a few things trying to Rain on your party...I liked the way you prevailed by catching the HELL out of some fish. Mmmmm I'm getting hungry as I'm writing this-lol... :)

;)....we did put some good ones in the freezer.  You should have been there to help us out.