News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Snake in the Pool!

Started by SeattleSun, Jul 29, 2015, 04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeattleSun

FYI

During my week long visit last week I heard stories of "snakes in the pool" three times.  I believe these were three different occurrences as the location was different in each story.

I personally never saw a snake but the 'bar talk' reports seemed valid.

Don't know much about desert snakes as I live in wet and cold western Washington where we don't have any cold blooded reptiles like snakes.

IMO it all seem to be associated with "water" i.e. the swimming pools and that small pond that is just outside on the right hand side of the OMR main door.

Suspect they are seeking prey at those watering holes.   I assume they were Western Diamondbacks.

Additionally there were a lot of trouser snakes in the main watering hole aka bar.  But they weren't poisonous we hope

Phoenix

laughs ok let me clear things up for ya abit... i (Phoenix) was swimming in the pool and as i turned to talk to Kortney while she was sitting outside of the pool and a split second later she stood up with wide eyes reaching for me at the same time saying "Phe get out!" and before she could finish her sentence I was OUT of the water watching the snake slither into the pool  :o Yikes...by then everybody came running out to see while Donnie was netting it out of the filter, he then took it all the way to the coy pond and had a great laugh watching the snake swim to safety so fast after the fish tried to eat it....so crazy, it was good to see Donnie enjoy as good laugh tho  ;D   Thank GOD for Kortney for saving my life  :-* Luv you girl  :-*

SeattleSun

Quote from: chuckar chaser on Aug 13, 2015, 10:30 PM
I guess this proves my mind is always in the gutter. I figured this was going to be about a trouser snake.

It can be I am sure Phoenix has seen a few of them!