Main Menu

Cash vs. Card

Started by Navyguy, Jul 08, 2016, 06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamscometrue

Quote from: Ironman on Jul 13, 2016, 03:08 AM
Quote from: dreamscometrue on Jul 12, 2016, 10:21 PM
Quote from: Ironman on Jul 12, 2016, 05:31 PM
Your average is significantly higher then mine.  I am normally in the low to mid 150's,  I think I will eventually do better with this new ball I got about  a month ago.  But I need to get used to playing more inside again, and I need to figure out away to be able to convert at least 70 percent of my 7 pins.

I did not bowl nationals because my team mates are all above 180 except for me I would have had to hook up with a team in the classic division that needed a bowler, and I just did not feel the need to hang around the stadium the weekend my teammates went up on the off chance a team of 180 and bellows might need a bowler. I did bowl the 40 frame game back in June with my teammates the night before their nationals, and an old friend of mine just happened to be in the Reno area. so we went over to GSR and bowled a few games.  I been in a slump ever since, but anyone whom has ever watched me bowl well tell you considering what I am dealing with i am not too bad, if I and at times I can hang with almost anyone if my timing is on and I carry the 7 pin.  the 7 pin leave and to a lesser extent 4 7 combo equals death for me.

The problem with my style I am prone to the occasional slump which can last a month or 2 sometimes a little longer. Then all of the sudden I get hot again and wont hit a bad slump again for a year or 2.

I know what I been doing wrong since Reno, and I think I will snap out of it soon I hope.  I have had several good games with this new ball in practice. I just need to do it in league now.

But you know how it is.  It is much easier to do it in practice with or without fresh oil.  If you are practicing alone or with one other person its much easier to find your rhythm and keep it going. in League depending on who you are bowling you may need to wait more then 5 or 6 minutes between turns.

Anyway your average is about 50 pins higher if we ever end up bowling at the same time and we know who the other is you have to spot me at least 80 percent at a minimum of the difference between your average and mine. ;)   

do you try to bowl nationals every year? I'm always looking to add to my group and our averages range from the 150's to 200's

My teammates were discussing rather or not they wanted to go to Vegas given they are in the higher division then me. Assuming for the moment they do go. I will not be going with unless I know I am bowling unless I win the powerball so I can afford to do certain things. ;)
I was willing to go to Reno knowing full well I was not bowling because its only 3 and half hours from where I live, and an old friend was in the area that weekend. So I had incentive to ride along on up.
Vegas is a different animal added travel expenses. So unless they commit before the dead line and I know I will actually be bowling I won't be part of it again till maybe 2019 when it returns to Reno.

But not totally writing Vegas nationals off yet. I go to Vegas ever year I am going for 6 days starting August 2ñd. So Vegas is cool, but I am not going to take my equipment on the plane or ride for 7 hours by car unless I know I am bowling. It also would probably mean I can't take my normal Vegas trip next year. Which is OK. But again only If I am actually bowling. Reno is much more convenient obviously only 3.5 hours by car. I also had a reason to come along as it worked out that won't be there in Vegas.
But like I said not totally ruling it out waiting to see what my buddy does the guy they drafted last year to bowl with because my average is to low or theirs is to high lol to bowl in the same division hurt himself. So they are pondering Vegas 2017.

I will think about going once they make their minds up. If it was in Reno it would be an easy call.

I would like to try nationals at least once before my body gets to old and beat up to bowl anymore.

Ironically the oil pattern they used this year my buddy said if I had hooked up with a classic team probably would have fit my shot well, and I saw the scores they were low in my division. Must have been a difficult shot. Did you cash in the regular division?

I head they are adding a new 190 division next year. So that should increase the number of participants.

if you end up not going with those guys, you'd be more than welcome to join my group for the year. The new standard division I think is for averages from 181-209.

Ironman

That's right I could not remember what the cut off was for the new Division, and I'll know more by end of this year if I can swing the travel cost. So thanks for the invite you never know it might even work out now if I could just pick up that 7 pin a little more regularly. Funny I was killing the 7 in Reno, but since I got back its like 1 out of every 10 I am picking up frustrating >:(

dreamscometrue

Quote from: Ironman on Jul 14, 2016, 04:11 AM
That's right I could not remember what the cut off was for the new Division, and I'll know more by end of this year if I can swing the travel cost. So thanks for the invite you never know it might even work out now if I could just pick up that 7 pin a little more regularly. Funny I was killing the 7 in Reno, but since I got back its like 1 out of every 10 I am picking up frustrating >:(

yeah just let me know...as it stands, I have three or four open spots and am taking the first ones that pay me.

dreamscometrue

this is good info to have...I've been making deposits so now I just need to make sure they know who I really am unless my lady has already told them