Started by OasisInTheDesert, Jan 14, 2019, 02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Ember

Quote from: Jasper on Feb 07, 2019, 06:08 AM
Did you get your boat yet?

Yes, inquiring minds wish to know!

OasisInTheDesert

Oh yeah - I've had her for about two years, but she had been neglected for years and put away wet.  Never a good thing, eh?  Following many many dollars, she's all gussied up, gorgeous, and top of the line again.  : D  Amazingly slippery with a head(wind).  (Boat terminology is dirty - lol)

She was originally named SV Maverick, out Staten Island.  Well - that name sucked.  First, boats, cars, and planes should always be female names.  Second, it's too common a name - I like uniqueness.  Finally, The Maverick was a boat on that Deadliest Catch show which sank and everyone died.  Seemed like bad luck.  : /  So we renamed her the Olivia Lush - someone I've never met or spoken to in my life, but I like the sound of it.  : D

Once it warms up a bit I'm off from San Francisco and hugging the coast to Panama.  If all goes well, it's there to Hawaii then back to SF. 

johann

Quote from: OasisInTheDesert on Feb 17, 2019, 03:24 AM
Once it warms up a bit I'm off from San Francisco and hugging the coast to Panama.  If all goes well, it's there to Hawaii then back to SF.

Fair weather, and may the wind be always at your back.