News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Online glasses, shipper and 59 gets his way

Started by 59Fendersuper, Aug 24, 2019, 05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

59Fendersuper

We all know how unresponsive most online sellers are, once they have your money. Amazon is the worst but others can try to butt-fuck you, too.

After having three pairs of glasses fall apart on me, I was done with Eyebuy Direct.

So i bit the bullet and bought from Zenni Optical. A big difference but a different problem. I paid an extra $20 to get my glasses quickly because I was trying to get by with a couple pairs of reading glasses and it was driving me bugshit. I began following the process of making my glasses and then the reports just stopped. I called Zenni and got the Fedex tracking number from them. I then called Fedex, which had my glasses at a nearby station. I called regular CS (pro forma) and got nowhere. Welp, when I am told no by someone in Manila, well I just don't take it from them.

I called Memphis.

They tried to give me the runaround like the folks until I recited the CEO's name and direct line phone number. That got their fucking attention. All i wanted was my glasses.

The lady on the phone said give her 10 minutes and she'd call me back, and gave me her direct number.

Three minutes later, there's the Fedex lady on the phone saying I can pick up my glasses after 1500. It was 1445 when she called.

At my age, I really don't have patience to put up with this kind of crap any more. I stopped using Amazon for a variety of reasons and I won't go back. When a friend in Nashville called me, completely suicidal, I swore off Amazon and won't go back. I managed to get him off the ledge, but if you're a person who gives a shit, please consider not using Amazon.

BTW, my glasses from Zenni are better in terms of both lens and frame, got here faster with a better warranty.

I like this story because it has a relatively happy ending.