Anyone here ever fished in Pyramid Lake?

Started by 59Fendersuper, Oct 17, 2019, 07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

59Fendersuper

Monster Cutthroats. On the reservation. I want to get there before everything turns to winter. I HATE winter and stay indoors usually from late december to march or april. Too fucking old to tolerate the cold. HEE HEE

If you've been there, I'd love to pick your brain, esp if you caught fish...

Just Sayin

I fish it all the time. It's a world class fishery. Really nice on the rare occasions that the wind isn't blowing.

59Fendersuper

Quote from: Just Sayin on Oct 17, 2019, 11:57 PM
I fish it all the time. It's a world class fishery. Really nice on the rare occasions that the wind isn't blowing.
From photos I've seen, it ALWAYS looks FRIGID up there.

Prospector Bob

I looked up Pyramid Lake on Google maps. Seems like there's noticeable lack of trees along its shore line. My M-O for lake fishing is to find a nice shady spot to sit under - or snooze - while I wait for fish to eat my bait. I guess if I went there, I'd have to bring my own shade. Can you rent boats there? Looks like the fishing might be better on the east side of the lake were lake access roads are scarce.

What do you typically use for bait? Are there any other fish species besides cutthroats?
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal

59Fendersuper

Quote from: Prospector Bob on Oct 18, 2019, 06:35 AM

I looked up Pyramid Lake on Google maps. Seems like there's noticeable lack of trees along its shore line. My M-O for lake fishing is to find a nice shady spot to sit under - or snooze - while I wait for fish to eat my bait. I guess if I went there, I'd have to bring my own shade. Can you rent boats there? Looks like the fishing might be better on the east side of the lake were lake access roads are scarce.

What do you typically use for bait? Are there any other fish species besides cutthroats?
No bait fishing allowed. Artificials with barbless hooks only. You can keep two 17-20 inchers, or one more than 24 inches and one 17-20 inches. Honestly, I'll be using a spinning rig with a lot of Rapalas and some Kastmasters. Rapala are great for attracting trout. Don't know why they're as they are, but trout like assaulting Rapalas. You can fly fish there and a lot of people are successful, but I'm not a fly fisherman, never got the hang of it.

Prospector Bob

Quote from: 59Fendersuper on Oct 18, 2019, 07:54 PM
Quote from: Prospector Bob on Oct 18, 2019, 06:35 AM

No bait fishing allowed. Artificials with barbless hooks only. You can keep two 17-20 inchers, or one more than 24 inches and one 17-20 inches. Honestly, I'll be using a spinning rig with a lot of Rapalas and some Kastmasters. Rapala are great for attracting trout. Don't know why they're as they are, but trout like assaulting Rapalas. You can fly fish there and a lot of people are successful, but I'm not a fly fisherman, never got the hang of it.

You can't use worms or salmon eggs? I do fly fish but mostly when I fish streams & rivers. I like to use spinners as well so I may give Pyramid a shot some day... if I ever get up that way again.   ???
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal

59Fendersuper

Quote from: Prospector Bob on Oct 19, 2019, 09:07 AM
You can't use worms or salmon eggs? I do fly fish but mostly when I fish streams & rivers. I like to use spinners as well so I may give Pyramid a shot some day... if I ever get up that way again.   ???
Nope. No natural (or not so natural) bait. Artificial with barbless hooks (including fly fishing) overall in the lake.

RachelVarga

I just go out there to drop duct taped garbage bags so I don't know about fishing.
Rachel Varga
My Site
Follow Me On X

59Fendersuper

Quote from: RachelVarga on Oct 20, 2019, 09:50 PM
I just go out there to drop duct taped garbage bags so I don't know about fishing.
Just on the ground or in a disposal facility?

Serena

I haven't, but I heard they have some nice fish in there!
;)