How is Self-Quarentine / Social Distancing Going?

Started by Drew, Apr 04, 2020, 06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironman

Quote from: Prospector Bob on Apr 05, 2020, 06:53 AM
Quote from: Ironman on Apr 04, 2020, 11:32 AM
😠😠💩💩 I can't go to work, and don't make enough money to stay home,😟😟but have no choice.

I can't go bowling because the centers of course are all closed.😥 Stuck at home with basically no money and nothing to do even if I had some 🙄

Worst part I bought this In February can't even use it now.😞😞 I did manage to get 3 weeks of use out of it (20 games) before Covid-19 killed my winter leagues there is still a chance if the shelter in place is lifted in very early may we can still get to bowl a sweeper, but the fund has been compromised.

Guess its a good thing I paid 200 cash for the ball back in February at least it's paid for In full.

Anyway sorry for bitching, but you did ask how it was going.😄😄

A little caca first, good buddy...  ;) That ball looks like something my cat barfed up this morning... only bigger. The guy that sells bowling balls must of seen you comin'. You outta bowl 300 every time out with that ball. When the pins see it comin' they'll be so scared they'll jump out of the way.  ;D

Sorry you haven't been able to give your shiny new ball more alley time. Hope it won't be too long before you can back to burnin' up the alleys. Hang in there Fuzzy...  ;D

Yeah I don't particularly like that color scheme. It really gets dirty. Even after just  3 games, and I am going to have to keep up the surface maintenance of the ball by at least giving it a light sanding every 12 games or so. Basically that would be every other week assuming I don't practice with it.

That picture was actually before I even threw one shot with it.

A friend of mine said send him a picture once I picked it up.

I actually chose that ball based on its special. I would have chose a different design myself though.

I got it because I wanted a ball drilled out more aggressive  then the one in this picture.  I would have just bought another one of these and had it drilled out, but its already on the retired ball list because, Brunswick acquired Ebonite which owned hammer.  This is still a good ball and I will still use it depending on the pattern I am bowling on.

I didnt want this one redrilled because the point was to have two similar balls based on specs, but will react differently because of the drill pattern.

Notice on the ball in this picture the orange dot  (pin) is between and above the finger holes.

On the newer ball that you said looks like something a cat threw up the yellow circle (Pin) is above my ring finger.

Basically this slight change in the drilling makes the new ball  grab and hook a little earlier then the ball in this picture.

Depending on the pattern and how it changes sometimes I need the hook to start earlier. (new ball) sometimes I want it to hook later. (Older ball) The older ball still works better in my Monday night leauge the newer ball is better in my sport league at least on the longer and heavier volume oil patterns.

As far as bowling again soon yeah hopefully I have a job to go back to, or I won't be able to bowl anyway unless I have a paycheck coming in.

Prospector Bob

I've been watching a lot of TV these days. Just finished watching "Tiger King" on NetFlix. Dang, those folks are bat shit crazy!  :o   Been keeping my guns clean too.  :)

Talked to my cousin on the phone the other day. She said she was so bored she went outside & knocked on her own front door. Then she went back inside & said. "Who's There?"

Since I'm retired, so I'm not worried about a job, but I am worried about my retirement accounts. Got one statement yesterday that was bad news. It took a big hit but not so big it'll leave me short. I haven't gotten a statement from a second IRA yet. It won't be good news either when I do, but not devastating. I took big hits on them back in 2008/2009 but they recovered well. I suspect the same will happen this time too. At least I hope so...  ::)

The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal

Cobia

Quote from: Ironman on Apr 05, 2020, 08:28 AM
😠😠💩💩 I can't go to work, and don't make enough money to stay home,😟😟but have no choice.

I can't go bowling because the centers of course are all closed.😥 Stuck at home with basically no money and nothing to do even if I had some 🙄

Worst part I bought this In February can't even use it now.😞😞 I did manage to get 3 weeks of use out of it (20 games) before Covid-19 killed my winter leagues there is still a chance if the shelter in place is lifted in very early may we can still get to bowl a sweeper, but the fund has been compromised.

Guess its a good thing I paid 200 cash for the ball back in February at least it's paid for In full.

A little caca first, good buddy...  ;) That ball looks like something my cat barfed up this morning... only bigger. The guy that sells bowling balls must of seen you comin'. You outta bowl 300 every time out with that ball. When the pins see it comin' they'll be so scared they'll jump out of the way.  ;D

Sorry you haven't been able to give your shiny new ball more alley time. Hope it won't be too long before you can back to burnin' up the alleys. Hang in there Fuzzy...  ;D

Yeah I don't particularly like that color scheme. It really gets dirty. Even after just  3 games, and I am going to have to keep up the surface maintenance of the ball by at least giving it a light sanding every 12 games or so. Basically that would be every other week assuming I don't practice with it.

I actually chose that ball based on its special. I would have chose a different design myself though.

I got it because I wanted a ball drilled out more aggressive  then the one in this picture.  I would have just bought another one of these and had it drilled out, but its already on the retired ball list because, Brunswick acquired Ebonite which owned hammer.  This is still a good ball and I will still use it depending on the pattern I am bowling on.

I didnt want this one redrilled because the point was to have two similar balls based on specs, but will react differently because of the drill pattern.

Notice on the ball in this picture the orange dot  (pin) is between and above the finger holes.

On the newer ball that you said looks like something a cat threw up the yellow circle (Pin) is above my ring finger.

Basically this slight change in the drilling makes the new ball  grab and hook a little earlier then the ball in this picture.

Depending on the pattern and how it changes sometimes I need the hook to start earlier. (new ball) sometimes I want it to hook later. (Older ball) The older ball still works better in my Monday night leauge the newer ball is better in my sport league at least on the longer and heavier volume oil patterns.

As far as bowling again soon yeah hopefully I have a job to go back to, or I won't be able to bowl anyway unless I have a paycheck coming in.

Maybe if you kept the ball out of the gutter it wouldn't get so dirty..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I ain't askin no body for nothing if I can't get it on my own
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chewed your ass out all day long.

Cobia

Quote from: chuckar chaser on Apr 05, 2020, 03:03 PM
I'm fortunate and still working and actually a little side job I do has been busy too.

I see the Monkey is complaining about his balls getting dirty. Next time I can get dirty with my balls I ain't washing them for a month.  I'll put a shower cap on my family Jewell's when I shower.

Cobia those camp grounds are only closed to law abiding citizens. Just put a sign up that you are quarantined do to having Corona and the clap. They should leave you alone that way.

Oh and there is an ass thread going on another forum with no comments from the ass man himself so I think he is a fake.

Alright just giving you all a little 💩. Hope you all are making it the best you can

I may have to try that Chuckar  ;D

Oh well, my trailer ain't ready yet so I am shut down for a while any way I reckon.
I ain't askin no body for nothing if I can't get it on my own
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chewed your ass out all day long.

Ironman

Quote from: Cobia on Apr 05, 2020, 01:09 PM
Quote from: Ironman on Apr 05, 2020, 08:28 AM

Maybe if you kept the ball out of the gutter it wouldn't get so dirty..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'll give you that  good one old man.😉😄

In all seriousness though its actually a combination of the lane oil and the belt marks on the ball returns. So ironically the better you bowl meaning avoiding gutter balls the more dirty the ball will actually get at least in  the cents I bowl in 99 percent of the time.

Ironman

Quote from: chuckar chaser on Apr 05, 2020, 03:03 PM
I'm fortunate and still working and actually a little side job I do has been busy too.

I see the Monkey is complaining about his balls getting dirty. Next time I can get dirty with my balls I ain't washing them for a month.  I'll put a shower cap on my family Jewell's when I shower.

Cobia those camp grounds are only closed to law abiding citizens. Just put a sign up that you are quarantined do to having Corona and the clap. They should leave you alone that way.

Oh and there is an ass thread going on another forum with no comments from the ass man himself so I think he is a fake.

Alright just giving you all a little 💩. Hope you all are making it the best you can

I think I saw that topic, but I have had problems getting on there from my phone. Its to much effort to change to a different browser and log in. So I have recently only been browsing on there maybe once a week and don't bother to log in.

Just Tom

i have to stop and think about what i am doing now, not just do it....

I'm still working, so i get out of the house, just to be chained my desk or a steering wheel, and limiting 'unnecessary' travels.  work is busy enough, and i have a lot of fix its and chores do at the house after work, or weekends, but that is when you realize you need some screws or another tool, and i realize i shouldn't just go out to get them, i should take the shelter in place order seriously; most other people are and i am no more entitled than them....

and now i am out of beer  :'(
if you can't laugh at yourself, you don't deserve to laugh at anyone else

Drew

I would say amazon may come in handy at this point, hope it turns around for you.

Quote from: Just Tom on Apr 05, 2020, 09:27 PM
i have to stop and think about what i am doing now, not just do it....

I'm still working, so i get out of the house, just to be chained my desk or a steering wheel, and limiting 'unnecessary' travels.  work is busy enough, and i have a lot of fix its and chores do at the house after work, or weekends, but that is when you realize you need some screws or another tool, and i realize i shouldn't just go out to get them, i should take the shelter in place order seriously; most other people are and i am no more entitled than them....

and now i am out of beer  :'(

Lancelot Link

I've been training for this self-quarantine stuff for decades. I am prepared. I am not afraid. I am confident. I am not bored.
My introversion is a superpower... hey... I want a cape to wear around the house. LOL

Bigfoot

Did you ever hear about the legend of Ironman?  I heard out of all the mongers, the ladies said he always had the shiniest balls of them all.  Others would try fancy trimmers or expensive waxing kits but at the end of the day all it took was the occasional light sanding... Ouch! 

Ironman

Quote from: Bigfoot on Apr 07, 2020, 07:00 AM
Did you ever hear about the legend of Ironman?  I heard out of all the mongers, the ladies said he always had the shiniest balls of them all.  Others would try fancy trimmers or expensive waxing kits but at the end of the day all it took was the occasional light sanding... Ouch!

🤣🤣

Ironman

Quote from: chuckar chaser on Apr 07, 2020, 04:37 PM
Quote from: Ironman on Apr 07, 2020, 11:20 AM
Quote from: Bigfoot on Apr 07, 2020, 07:00 AM

🤣🤣

Really all that gets is a two emoji response.you keyboard skill are lacking.

No you should be impressed if was only a 2 emoji response, and not a novel on proper bowling ball sanding procedure.😉😄😄