News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

DEATH OF A WEB SITE......................

Started by Cobia, May 21, 2023, 09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobia

What do you think are some of the reasons folks stop posting on web sites ? 

Don't be bashful.  Speak your mind.
I ain't askin no body for nothing if I can't get it on my own
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chewed your ass out all day long.

DM2

Interesting question Cobia... I'll have to think on it.

Cobia

Quote from: DM2 on May 22, 2023, 01:28 AM
Interesting question Cobia... I'll have to think on it.

I have several ideas but wanted to hear from others first.
So if you don't like the way I am livin then leave this long haired country boy alone !!

DM2

I would say there's any number of reasons.  A few that come to mind...
1.   Is the site being maintained by the administrator?
2.   Is it intuitive and easy to navigate?
3.   Is it still relevant?
4.   User engagement falls
5.   Topics of little interest
6.   Discourteous members
7.   Trolls
8.   Economic environment

SixT9er

The rise of social media with direct access to individuals
Brothellife.com an independent message board dedicated to LPIN where clients and Courtesans can interact

Ironman

This forum has always been slow since forever. You know that.  You get plenty of lurkers.   As for actual people posting on here it's the same 6-12 guys making all the post.  With 1-2 Ladies that will occasionally chime in.

Over on the sites rather you are talking SIN or Brothel life that are not controlled by one specific brothel.   Its still basically the  same song and dance.  A lot of lurkers and maybe the Same 60 or so people making 99 percent of the post.

Like or not forums like this one. SIN, and BL are dying they have been terminal for a long time.  Even Facebook ain't what used to be.

The ladies if they are online at all are going to spend most of their work related online activities focusing on their social media accounts. Their IG and Twitter pages.

That is not to say the Forums are completely useless.  They provide you a platform to share your stories about your most recent adventure with one of the girls?  Think about guys how many people in your personal life can you actually share your brothel stories with? Probably in the big picture not very many because right or wrong you know the vast majority of people you interact with in your daily life will judge and view you differently if they knew what you were doing every time you go off to Nevada.  Some of these people will view as scumbags! Even though you are not actually breaking any laws.  Probably 99 percent of us are hiding our brothel activities from someone maybe several someone's in our private lives.  Rather it be family, friends, or people at work.

Most of us are not in a position where we can go off to a brothel.  Drop drop 3, 4, maybe even 5 or 6 figures depending on your income level, and then just tell everyone about it.

You are not going to walk in drop X number of dollars on Rachel, Vera, Brittney, Ayana, Samantha Rea, V Falls, and any other lady on the Mustang Roster.  Same goes for all the other brothels.  You are not going to return home and shout from your roof top.  Well Cobia might, but he is the exception not the rule the rest of us are going to discuss it on a forum like this one behind the shield that our online forum names provide.  Unfortunately it seems as though the lion share of the most recent reviews are being posted only by 9er.  Props to him though for helping the ladies put a little money in their bank accounts, and hopefully he will complete his quest to meet, and book every lady on the mustang roster at least once.  Unless her Name is Rachel then it's 200 times minimum!😉😁   Not that I blame him Miss Rachel is very pretty.😍

Anyway my point the Forums still serve a purpose and an important one a platform to share your stories without judgment, at least not from anyone in your personal life that truly matters.

The other function, and this is mostly on the management.  They can keep a current lineup posted on here with the ladies planned shift times.

Unlike Cobia who shows up for two weeks with all his itenary  planned around the brothel.  A good number of us are actually in the area for some other reason.  We sneak off to Mustang, or some other brothel only after we can get away from other people that just won't understand.  We can't be locked into a firm appointment time or shift.  It gets Squeezed in either before or whatever other reason we are I  the area for.   So knowing the shift times for the individual ladies is important because it is easier to just take our chances and book with whomever is available when we finally show up and actually ready to book.

Timing is everything! I had several conversations my last trip. With several ladies  all of them pleasant. It just worked out Rea was the one closest to me in the bar when I was actually ready book.   

One last comment as it relates to any discussion forum not just those dedicated to the discussion of LPIN

In addition to more people gravitating towards other platforms.  ( various types of social media)  The core group of the forum membership moves on. They stop visiting
the website.  Maybe no longer have any interest in the subject matter the site is dedicated too.  Maybe they all have gone to the happy hunting grounds who knows? Its also possible the person paying the bill doesn't want to continue to pay the domain fees, and nobody else was willing to take over the operation and maintenance involved with owning the website.

RachelVarga

Let me explain why there are not a large amount of posters on any brothel site. Let's put this in perspective. The topic of these sites is prostitution and it is a major taboo in America. Now let's think about all the sites that have been hacked. Remember Ashley Madison? Well it makes sense that people will be very wary of being connected to anything like what we do. I always say to use an email not connected to anything else in your life and never use your name or anything identifiable in your forum username. These sites are mostly lurkers because people are curious. Any topic that skirts the morality of society is going to have more lurkers than posters.

BL and other forums are not dying. That is completely wrong. I am the admin of BL and I can see all the stats on the backend. I see pageviews and other traffic indicators and it is not trending downwards. I get A LOT of traffic. I get tons of people who say they read the boards and that's why they chose to party with me.

What could increase the traffic to these sites? Ladies posting. They don't post because they don't see typical indicators such as number of likes as they do on social media. It's the social media mentality. Post and see instant validation. You don't see that on forums so I believe they don't see value in a forum. I have always said it's good to post and build a real rapport with members. It takes time but it does work. What is the saying in America? You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

To sum it up. Does a forum work. Of course it does. I am proof of it and so are other ladies.

What can you do? Make fun posts. Engage the ladies that do post here. It doesn't always have to be about sex. I have a FAQ and pretty much you can ask me anything as long as it's not really crass but I get the same questions over and over. I will start my FAQ Rachel and let's see what happens.

So let me address the bumping discussion. You guys don't remember the br board mayhem where ladies were bumping ten to fifteen posts at a time every hour. Not one or two ladies but ten or more at a time. You couldn't stay on the front page more than thirty seconds sometimes. I am not exaggerating. If someone bumps their post and no one else is posting then it really doesn't matter. I bump mine sometimes too. I think if you bump and then let it set for 24 hours then that is fine. Most forums require 24 hours between bumps. If a new post comes up and someone bumps right then or after every new post then that is excessive. I don't think that is what is happening so I think there are other things to worry about.
Rachel Varga
My Site
Follow Me On X

World Famous Mustang Ranch

Well said Rachel Varga.  Let me work this thru on my end.  It takes consistency to get the ladies on the forum. I need to step up my game on training them how to us the forum etc.  The Madams need to step up their game when it comes to the forum.  Thank you and have a great day!

SixT9er

Quote from: RachelVarga on May 24, 2023, 05:03 PM
If a new post comes up and someone bumps right then or after every new post then that is excessive. I don't think that is what is happening so I think there are other things to worry about.
This is exactly what is happening. As soon as another post is above a certain posters they immediately copy their post/delete it then repost the previous post so it shows new all in order to stay at the top of the page
Brothellife.com an independent message board dedicated to LPIN where clients and Courtesans can interact

Cobia

Quote from: SixT9er on May 24, 2023, 06:00 PM
Quote from: RachelVarga on May 24, 2023, 05:03 PM
If a new post comes up and someone bumps right then or after every new post then that is excessive. I don't think that is what is happening so I think there are other things to worry about.
This is exactly what is happening. As soon as another post is above a certain posters they immediately copy their post/delete it then repost the previous post so it shows new all in order to stay at the top of the page

EXACTLY !!